• ABS

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • No ABS

Votes: 10 37.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Its a matter of time before they make it legislation to have to offer ABS. With the trend moving towards safety.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, just a matter of time till it's like this world wide.
I think parts of the east already have it as mandatory

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got it without asking for it on mine. I didn't want it before, but I really do like it now. The ABS is not "linked" front to rear, on the 2014 Goldwing Valkyrie F6C. I think that helps it be totally un-noticeable until you really need it. Mine has helped me a couple of times, mainly just keeping me more in control when I was starting to slide the rear in a panic stop... pretty cool.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Personal opinion: If it were no extra charge or a minimal extra charge I would probably have gone for ABS. But not for $1,000.00. Sure there are some great safety benefits from ABS in a panic situation, especially for an inexperienced rider. One possible down side is you may get used to it on one bike and then not have it on another bike and get in trouble.

I personally like to take a bike to a large empty parking lot and place some markers on the pavement. Then ride towards them at speed and practice maximum braking techniques in order to get to know your bike in that panic situation. How short can you stop at XX mph with front brake only, rear only, combination, 75% front/25% rear, etc. The Valkyrie will be much different than a sport bike that can do 100% maximum braking with the front brakes only. This bike can stop very good for a big cruiser but it takes practice. The time to practice is when you decide, not when the driver of that car decides.

Of course, that's all relative to the pavement conditions which change. In the rain is where ABS really shines.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree, i would have done the same thing, at $1000 more it's just not worth it.
I think at this stage in the industry they should be making it a standard feature.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ABS is at home on all F6C.
I also silverwing on my 600 and it already saved me a few slides.
The ABS technology can not be replaced by human, even an experienced rider over 30 years of motorcycle

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm not a fan of ABS because of the expense. I had a K1200RS BMW and the ABS failed. The dealership wanted $3K to replace it. The bike was only worth $6.5K I road it without for two years than sold it for $3.5K

·
Registered
711 Posts
I wish the bike had self cancelling turn signals without the ABS
My 2015 Valk has ABS and therefore self-cancelling turn signals. After a month of riding it I'm over it. Don't like them as they turn off in situations where you don't want them to. Nearly caused an accident in fact. I might see if can disable it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
for 12 years I rode a Road King that had them, and they worked well for me. I realize it was my fault, but I have had drivers preparing to pull out in front of me on the Valk, assuming I was going to make a right turn when I forgot my signal was flashing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wanted it but there wasn't one available in Texas for July 1-6 special pricing. I would have had to go to Mo. Ca. or Fl. for one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have it on my 2014 Valk and I like it.. I have come onto the brakes hard a few times and been glad to have it. Some guys are complaining that the back wheel locks up too easily without it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts