Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not mechanically inclined but as far as I can tell the only difference between OEM for ABS and NON-ABS models of Valkyrie is the ABS modulator assembly and a few pieces of brake pipe. So stupid question can't you just purchase the ABS parts designed for this motorcycle and have a service center add it where it is designed to be mounted? the rest of the OEM brake parts seem the same. Best guess new OEM parts would run about $1000.00 retail before tax and service fees. not looking at cost to install just the cost parts. I under stand adding abs to a bike that wasn't designed for abs is not feasible, but adding ABS to a NON-ABSversion of the exact same motorcycle should be right? this is the site I was looking at OEM parts on bikebandit.com

·
Registered
136 Posts
You would need an ecm for abs as well as a different turn signal relay module and different turn signal switch and possibly a different wiring harnes as I dont know if it contains all the necessary wiring.

·
Registered
225 Posts
You would need an ecm for abs as well as a different turn signal relay module and different turn signal switch and possibly a different wiring harnes as I dont know if it contains all the necessary wiring.
I'm not THAT mechanically inclined either, and then factoring in the cost of parts, if I decided I really wanted ABS that bad, as much as I love her, I'd sell the bike and buy another that had it factory installed, and maybe a lot less miles than I've racked up, and maybe break even.

·
Registered
157 Posts
No ABS on my Valk. Can't miss what I never had and I'm not sweating not having it. Got it on my new Goldwing Tour DCT and I'm not convinced it's the best thing since sliced bread. Definitely not a deal breaker for me on either bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts