Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new (to me) Valk came with highway pegs. It's my first set on a bike because my other bikes always had forward controls. I've tried adjusting the pegs to suit my preference but they're tilted at a weird angle and have limited adjustment range. The pegs are turned upward at about a 35 degree angle and feel ackward when I place my feet on them. I feel more comfortable with my feet on the inside bracing.

The only option I can see to flatten them would be to file the nub on the underside. Has anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have personally always thought that the style of highway pegs shown in your photos wasn't what I wanted, no offense. They look just fine, but they add way too much to the overall width for me. This bike is wide enough already with its engine design, which I love, and adding to that "limitation" of even getting it inside my back fence gate I just won't do anything to make it any wider. I use Rivco pegs. A bit pricey, but made to fit and they don't increase width when closed (and they're not too wide when open). I find them comfortable to use when the regular pegs have started to cramp me.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have personally always thought that the style of highway pegs shown in your photos wasn't what I wanted, no offense. They look just fine, but they add way too much to the overall width for me. This bike is wide enough already with its engine design, which I love, and adding to that "limitation" of even getting it inside my back fence gate I just won't do anything to make it any wider. I use Rivco pegs. A bit pricey, but made to fit and they don't increase width when closed (and they're not too wide when open). I find them comfortable to use when the regular pegs have started to cramp me.
Are those the pegs that mount flush to the valve cover and flip out?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Are those the pegs that mount flush to the valve cover and flip out?
Yes, they are, Sixshooter. They come in several finishes, including brushed aluminum and anodized black to match the valve cover of the various colored Valks. I think chrome, too. Very well made, which justified the cost to me, made just for this bike, and when they are closed you wouldn't know they're there. Lots of adjustment available to fit different inseams. I got them soon after I bought my bike and never regretted them. (Very good customer service, too, but that's another story.)

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I missed your post. I'll check them out. Thanks! At 6-2, I def need highway pegs with the mid controls.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
Yeah those are the Rivco pegs I got them on my bike pretty simple install and they have 3 adjustable position. I like them because they are pretty stealth…

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
There is a little nub underneath that you can catch with you boot and flip them out I’ve never done it though i just flip them out before I start.. I’m not actually much of a highway peg guy thats why I like these clean look when I don’t need them and they work when I do

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm trying to understand how these mount but the photos on Rivco aren't exactly clear. Do they cover the Honda logo in the center plate between the valve covers? If so, do they cover the plate completely? Do they attached to the two bolts? Would I want chrome or black?

I called Rivco and they were quick to send me mounting instructions but it's all text (ie, no graphic illustrations). I checked for YT videos but they're limited.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
Here is about the best mounting video I found... I did it this way I think mine are about in the middle position
You have to peel off the Honda thing
I'd get black if I were you the chrome cost way more

Here are some pics I took of mine plus a picture of the "Nub"

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was able to snag an open box set of chromes for the same price as the blacks. Thanks for all of the advice!

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I installed the new Rivco pegs and I love them. At first, I installed them symetrically on the heads and then couldn't figure why one was longer than the other, until I realized the cylinder heads are offset. Duh! lmbo!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the Rivco Blacks and the annodizing seems to be fading to a "lovely" purple blue. I will eventually pull them and powdercoat but they are a great design

·
Registered
531 Posts
I installed the new Rivco pegs and I love them. At first, I installed them symetrically on the heads and then couldn't figure why one was longer than the other, until I realized the cylinder heads are offset. Duh! lmbo!
BikerDude, I did the same thing (even knowing that). You need to mount the right peg one hole closer to the rear to achieve the same equal distance for both legs. Duh! to me too!!
I realize this is an old post, just have to say this bike has now been transformed into perfect comfort for me. I had a nice ride before the rain this morning and the oval backrest (which I previously hated with a passion) I now love, paired with the Corbin seat and the Rivco Aero flip, I no longer have to hang on, I'm firmly comfortably planted in corners, acceleration and braking. The Custom 17" shield is lowered by 2" by drilling the mount holes higher and follows proper fork angle with the bracket mod. had made this bike perfect, no wind, no buffeting, look over the shield and ergo's are all correct now. Now I just need to ride it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts