Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 2015 have any features or refinements compared to the 2014 ? I prefer the Burgundy 2014 color.

JJ

·
Registered
670 Posts
No one has ever identified a single difference between the two model years except for paint options, that I am aware of.

Richmonder

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
Special 40th anniversary key for 2015 thats about it (Plus that red is amazing I really wanted that red but they wanted a $1000 premium for a 2015 and I didnt like the paint THAT much)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I agree. The red is what I was searching for. My black Valkyrie fell from heaven into my possession with 700 plus miles on it. I still prefer the Valkyries of color.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's pretty good news I guess. There seems to be more 14's than 15's.
I have not seen an F6C in person yet. Does it have a lower seat than the F6B ?

JJ

·
Registered
360 Posts
Bummer. I was hoping that it was the other way around. So the C is taller but lighter.

JJ
Yes, bigger wheels, different suspension, and footpegs are higher all to accommodate a steeper max lean angle. Also lighter a few more horsepower than F6B.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So,harder to find tires and taller than an F6B. Less lighting than a B and harder to mod the lighting and a less comfortable seat than a B.

JJ

·
Registered
263 Posts
So,harder to find tires and taller than an F6B. Less lighting than a B and harder to mod the lighting and a less comfortable seat than a B.

JJ
SOLD! If I didn't want a Valkyrie, I wouldn't have bought one. If I'd really liked the F6B, I would have bought one instead, but it felt like a Honda-ized version of my last HD bagger, and no offense intended to F6B riders' choices at all. Or Honda or HD baggers, either. The F6C/Valkyrie is quite a bike in itself and unique in so many ways. My feeling, Jammin'John, is that you should choose the best bike for you from the myriad of choices out there, and apparently the F6C/Valk isn't your first choice. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. May I suggest that whatever your Plan F6B is, that you just do it? We won't be upset, regardless of your choice. Just ride something and be happier! :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm an original 1997 Valk rider. It was my favorite bike. I rode her 192,000 miles before the salt killed her.
I had a Valk Interstate. Didn't like it. Crashed it into a deer.
The F6B does not appeal to me,just like the Interstate didn't.
Unlike my original Valk,the tire choices on an F6C are not many. My original Valk was Darkside friendly. I started riding Darkside in 1998 !
My '97 was easy to find stuff to customize it. The F6C is not easy to find anything.
The headlight on the F6C is a THOUSAND bucks !
Right now the prices on a C are terrible. I remember several years ago I could have bought a new one for $ 8,000. Now they are 9 to 12,000 dollars for used ones.
I don't have many choices on bikes because I'm 5' 7" with a very short 27" inseam.
I don't want to be just another old guy on a Vanilla flavored cruiser.
My most recent bikes were a Vulcan 2000LT that I'm currently riding,a Stratoliner that I retired last year and a Triumph Thunderbird Storm that I totaled last year.
My original Valk was easier to love than this new one but the new one is still in the running. I have to sell my ST1300 to finance any purchase.

JJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts