Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2014 Valkyrie with 3500 miles on it ....unmolested perfect clean bike ....It seems to ride like a tank....some one told me to turn the shock lever all the way counter clockwise to the bottom then go up 16 clicks for a 185 lb rider....still seems very hard riding even over the smallest bumps....tires have 40 psi front and back...leaving for montana in a week need help....and how many clicks are there to this shock..again someone told me 31...I though a lower setting of say 5 or 7clicks would be the softest ride again any hepl would be great thanks Ridefast99

·
Registered
464 Posts
I bought a 2014 Valkyrie with 3500 miles on it ....unmolested perfect clean bike ....It seems to ride like a tank....some one told me to turn the shock lever all the way counter clockwise to the bottom then go up 16 clicks for a 185 lb rider....still seems very hard riding even over the smallest bumps....tires have 40 psi front and back...leaving for montana in a week need help....and how many clicks are there to this shock..again someone told me 31...I though a lower setting of say 5 or 7clicks would be the softest ride again any hepl would be great thanks Ridefast99
To be honest, I've tried them all... this 250 lb man could not tell the difference. :|

·
Registered
133 Posts
I turned mine ALL they way to the left and enjoy the ride and feel the suspension work - best adjustment i ever made

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried all the way to the left and all the way to the right. I'm 185lbs and could not tell a difference in any of the settings.
Seems reasonable to me to crank it all the way left for a softer ride though, if it feels like the ride is too hard.

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is from the manual...
To adjust to the standard position:
To reduce (LOW) :
Turn the adjuster counterclockwise toward LOW for a light load and smooth
road condition.
To increase (HIGH) :
Turn the adjuster clockwise toward HIGH for a firmer ride and rough road
condition.
Spring Preload:
The spring preload adjuster is located behind the side cover.
Remove the side cover.
Turn the spring preload adjuster knob counterclockwise until it will no
longer turn (lightly seats).
This is the full LOW setting.
Turn the adjuster clockwise for 1 click. This is the standard position.
To adjust the spring preload, turn the adjuster knob.
The spring preload adjuster knob has 35 spring preload positions (clicks) or
more for different load or riding conditions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm 175 lbs I have it set 1 click firmer than stock and ride is good solo or 2 up (she's 135 lbs). Ride on bumpy stuff is fine and cornering is spot on, holds a line nicely and no wollowing.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I've set mine all the way to "firm" on the suggestion of use2b who felt that the jarring on the softer settings was actually the suspension bottoming out. I've been happier since. Maybe it's placebo effect :)
PS...I'm 190 lbs

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm 250 and have it set midway and my tires are inflated at about 38 psi.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have found 12 clicks clockwise from soft to be the winner for me, 38 psi front and rear, (unless we are going to be riding the twisties then it's 14 total clicks clockwise) with gear I'm 200lbs

·
Registered
61 Posts
front tire might be a bit overinflated?

Just had my 2014 Valkyrie in to the dealer 2 weeks ago for installation of the lower foglights. While in the shop, the tech checked my tire pressure. He told me that the front tire recommended pressure is 36 pounds, 42 in the rear.
Don't know whether he is correct?
I also own a 2016 F6B.

The F6B has smaller wheels and different tires, and when I had my B in for service a few months ago, I was told the correct tire pressure for the B was 36 front, 42 rear.
How could a B and a C require the same tire pressure, when they have different wheels and different tires??

·
Registered
547 Posts
HOW could a B and a C require the same tire pressure, WHEN they have different wheels and different tires??
How? well some engineer types at the tire and mc factory did some calculations and decided the where at least 3 performance curves intersected, traction, flexibility, mileage.. perhaps a few other important parameters?
but regardless of disparity of rim size, aspect ratio, etc. . these rocket scientist decided to publish a specific set of numbers per tire per bike. the fact that two totally dissimilair tires have the exact same specs.. well , are you arguing against rocket science 'tist? and, btw the f6c front it 38psi not 36.. but still?

I set front and rear at 42'ish and they work fine.. for me. I am not out there trying to see how fast I can go and around corners.. my tires last almost forever.. not quite, but almost. poncho

1 - 13 of 13 Posts