Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I mean style wise nothing beats the stock seat for looks... especially in cruiser configuration but there is zero support and it leads to major hot spotting for me the Corbin is no styling maven that’s for sure and it is quite a bit harder getting the side covers off but I’m kind of the opposite on my Harleys I never had to take off a stocker... and I “TRIED” for 2 riding season to make this one work but in the end I had to throw in the towel... like I said I have 2 stockers sitting in the corner because I was going to go Russell Day Long

Oh and my daughter despises the stock seat LoL she said I seriously love the bike but this seat... we gotta stop LoL

·
Registered
93 Posts
I obviously haven't spent any time in the saddle yet. Is it really that bad?
I suggest you ride on it for a few months. So far I have had no issues with the stock seat on rides of about two hours. My bladder gives out before my butt so, I got that going for me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I suggest you ride on it for a few months. So far I have had no issues with the stock seat on rides of about two hours. My bladder gives out before my butt so, I got that going for me.
Lots of good advice here. This really highlights how much, the way you ride, will be a determining factor. My normal rides are all day long, and a few trips a year where I'm doing that for 4 - 7 days in a row, so the Corbin was well worth it to me. On the other extreme, there are bikes for sale that still have hardly any miles, so ya, stock seat is fine for that amount of riding. And then there are the very fortunate folks who ride a lot and STILL like the feel of the stock seat - I wish that were me.

Corbin seats - you get to choose the texture pattern, ie., alligator, rattlesnake, the color, also the color of the piping along the seams and color of the logo. You can also tell them on the phone if you want to be adjusted higher, lower, forward, backward and that is a big deal for some folks.
https://www.corbin.com/honda/hv14dte.shtml

I would rather have an Ultimate seat, but they don't make them for this generation of Valkyrie.

161 - 163 of 163 Posts