Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Assuming your bike is in good condition, I think you got a great deal! Black is the fastest color too. Mine's a black 2014 as well. Congrats on your purchase! Happy and safe riding to you.

Richmonder

Thanks Richmonder. Happy and safe riding to you as well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Also...since it's seven years down the road...are there any known issues with this bike that should concern me?
Good price if it was reasonable taken care of. One of the few issues is that since only 3,000 or so were made, so there is limited availability of accessories. Can't get an Ultimate seat for it, for example. Frame is different than a regular Gold Wing or F6B) and larger, non-std wheels (17" and 19") have more limited tire options than a gold wing.

Every time I ride it, I think, "Wow, what an engineering marvel !" Wayyyyy more nimble than a full GWing and attracts a lot more attention at gas stations and parking lots.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I agree, sounds like a very fair price, I paid $8700 for mine. 700 plus miles showroom condition. At the time I did not know anyone paying less for similar mileage and condition. That sounds great, I'd jump on it. As you know the drive train is bullet proof. I'm not aware of any issues, reliable Honda Flat six.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the info. There are a few things I’m way too used to to give up. One is a windshield and another is a heel/toe shifter. Are these available for the F6C? Where is a good place to shop for accessories?
There are a few windscreen options, but it won't be one of those power adjustable deals.... I went with Gustafsson Euroflip
https://bikescreen.com/products/honda-goldwing-valkyrie-f6c-2014-2016?_pos=32&_sid=dc342731a&_ss=r . For other accessories like Showchrome Tridium driving lights and Kuryakyn ERGO III highway pegs, I use Wingstuff.com and JPCycles.com. I went with Corbin Fleetliner bags https://www.corbin.com/honda/hv14bag.shtml and dualtour seat. Someone else will have to answer about the heel/toe shifter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Kuryakyn kick shifter for GL1800 works. Funny you ask, I just installed one yesterday for a friend and he has neuropathy figured this would help with his shifts, it didn't. If you buy the bike reach out, this is brand new and taking it off today. He's going with the mini adjustable boards. He MAY be interested in selling it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Kuryakyn kick shifter for GL1800 works. Funny you ask, I just installed one yesterday for a friend and he has neuropathy figured this would help with his shifts, it didn't.
Was there something wrong with the kick shifter or your friend just not liking it?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I assume the windscreen attaches to the handlebar? What size did you go with and how happy are you with it?
I have 16 x 22" and the top edge is set at my eye level (I'm 5' 11"). Yes, attaches to handlebars. Pretty happy with it, but jealous of the motorized adjustable ones on the Yamaha FJR. Heading into the wind, I sometimes get some head buffeting that spoils the fun. Could get the taller version, but I don't want to be forced to always look through it, rather than over it, especially in the rain. The taller version doesn't have the recurve shape.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think the blue one is a better deal. No issues with the bags, lower mileage, substantially lower price, and you can customize it to your own liking.

Richmonder

·
Registered
419 Posts
I appreciate all the advice here. I think I have myself narrowed down to two possibilities. Both 2014's:

#1 ) Blue, 3K miles, private seller, one owner, all stock except for the addition of a backrest, also comes with leather saddlebags that haven't been installed, Price: $8000

#2 ) Red, 4.9K miles, dealer, Corbin saddlebags, Corbin custom racing seat, heel/toe shifter and floorboards, manual cruise, speakers, windshield, has some scratches in the bags that I would want to repair, Price $10,200

My thoughts...I like the blue better. I know all the extras on the red would cost more than $2200 add to the blue. I would need to swap out the Corbin seat and add a back rest so I can ride two up when necessary.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. And...if I go with the red, I'll be looking for someone to trade me a stock seat for the Corbin (photo attached).

Thanks.
I would trade you a like new stock seat for a Corbin.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think the blue is the better deal, but everything is negotiable. I'd consider offering $9000 For the red Valk and if the seller accepts you got a great deal.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You said they were scratched up, and those might not be repairable in some cases.

Richmonder

·
Registered
179 Posts
I appreciate all the advice here. I think I have myself narrowed down to two possibilities. Both 2014's:

#1 ) Blue, 3K miles, private seller, one owner, all stock except for the addition of a backrest, also comes with leather saddlebags that haven't been installed, Price: $8000

#2 ) Red, 4.9K miles, dealer, Corbin saddlebags, Corbin custom racing seat, heel/toe shifter and floorboards, manual cruise, speakers, windshield, has some scratches in the bags that I would want to repair, Price $10,200

My thoughts...I like the blue better. I know all the extras on the red would cost more than $2200 add to the blue. I would need to swap out the Corbin seat and add a back rest so I can ride two up when necessary.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. And...if I go with the red, I'll be looking for someone to trade me a stock seat for the Corbin (photo attached).

Thanks.
If you go with the red I would definitely trade you for a stock seat for that gunfighter heck I might trade you two... not a fan of the heel toe shifters and with all the really good helmet speakers these days speakers on the bike are sort of outdated IMHO

·
Registered
249 Posts
Congratulations! It looks beautiful. Between now and then you may want to consider an oil change (as am I) and maybe a radiator fluid change. Both are probably original, and likely could use a change after 7 years. And you have plenty of time to read this forum, read all the articles and watch all the videos. And you can install your bags and any other accessories you might pick up.

Richmonder

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice looking bike, nice color, real nice price. Congratulations you stole it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Oh no biggie on the Corbin (I already have one) I’d just never seen anyone who actually wanted to swap a Corbin for that stock upholstered brick you now have LoL enjoy that bike! A big fan of the blue if I had to do over I’d have got that color

·
Registered
179 Posts
I obviously haven't spent any time in the saddle yet. Is it really that bad?
Brutal... an air hawk will mitigate it a little but stock, your tail will be yelping in 30 minutes or less lots of other comments on the forum to back me up on this... I bought a spare stocker I was going to send off to Russell but then realized to get it right there was most likely going to be some bar/riser/cable mods which were going to cost a lot of cash so I said let me “try” the Corbin if I don’t like it I can unload it and viola!! It fixed all my issues I can easily spend 2 plus hours in the saddle (of course individual results may vary) plus the drivers backrest is awesome

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
That’s the Honda Valkyrie accessory luggage rack you can find them anywhere the seat is the Corbin Dual Tour it has a adjustable backrest but I had it off for these pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
I guess I'm one of the few that are quite happy with my stock seat, comfort and looks. I would rather ride on bare frame rails than sit on a Corbin. My stock seat is the first stock seat I will keep after 43 years of riding. I went thru several thousand dollars on my Concours attempting to find the right seat. It easy to sell them but you still loose some money. They carve Corbin's out of stone. (Flame suit on)

They do look nice.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am slowly warming to the look of the Corbin, and people seem to swear by it. But I just can't spend $1,000 on a seat. I'd have to seriously think about it at $500. Like yourself, I'm pretty comfortable on the stock model. I'm also quite comfortable with the mirrors, which seem to garner a lot of complaints. I think they look very good on this bike.

Richmonder

141 - 160 of 163 Posts