Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just thought I'd post up some of the easy read points from the reviews.

Highs: blistering acceleration, updated styling, modern instrumentation

Sighs: Heavy steering, updated styling, suspension harsh at times.

Engine: 19/20
Suspension/Handling: 12/15
Transmission/Clutch: 9/10
Brakes: 8.75/10
Instruments/Controls: 4/5
Ergonomics/Comfort: 9/10
Appearance/Quality: 8.5/10
Desirability: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Overall: 86.25/100

That's an A where I went to school, so I'd say that the Valkyrie is likely an enjoyable bike at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just thought I'd post up some of the easy read points from the reviews.

Highs: blistering acceleration, updated styling, modern instrumentation

Sighs: Heavy steering, updated styling, suspension harsh at times.

Engine: 19/20
Suspension/Handling: 12/15
Transmission/Clutch: 9/10
Brakes: 8.75/10
Instruments/Controls: 4/5
Ergonomics/Comfort: 9/10
Appearance/Quality: 8.5/10
Desirability: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Overall: 86.25/100

That's an A where I went to school, so I'd say that the Valkyrie is likely an enjoyable bike at a reasonable price.
Yeah overall thats amazing, can't complain when ratings across all are at the top.

·
Registered
117 Posts
heavy steering is kind of expected i guess.

it is a heavy motorcycle

guess it depends what you are comparing it to

·
Registered
214 Posts
On a big bike like this yeah, it will likely help to get on this to see how bad/good the steering is, might be good for some, horrible for others.

·
Registered
99 Posts
well yea cruisers are typically heavier in the bars than a flickable sport bike. Just journalistic jargon really. Needed something to write about ;)

thanks for the post @maxwell

·
Registered
120 Posts
People have compared the new Valkyrie to the Diavel, probably because both are performance-biased, and both truly expand the bounds of what can be considered a cruiser. I've ridden both in the last month, and I'd say the Honda will have an easier time being accepted into that persnickety club -- but then the Diavel isn’t riffing off an existing design, either, like the Valkyrie is.
This is from the motorcycle cruiser.com review. We have been talking a bit about the Diavel and how it compares to the Valkyrie, this has given me some perspective. I didn't find the Diavel's design to be worse than the Valkyries really. Just different. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is from the motorcycle cruiser.com review. We have been talking a bit about the Diavel and how it compares to the Valkyrie, this has given me some perspective. I didn't find the Diavel's design to be worse than the Valkyries really. Just different. What do you guys think?
The only reason I see the Valk being accepted easier by the crusing crowd is because Honda has a history in that market. When you think cruiser/tourer Ducati is the LAST to come to mind...

·
Registered
120 Posts
The headlight on the Daivel is similar to the headlight on the F6C but somehow it just doesn't look right to me. I think the problem that I have with it is that it kinda slants backwards. The Valkyrie's doesn't really do that in the same way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts