Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older model GoPro Hero 3 Black, and have been wanting to play with it on the Valkyrie. I have tried everything I know to find a mount that works on my Shark Evoline modular helmet, but so far nothing aligns directly straight or works well on this particular helmet. I will get there though, just gotta find the right accessory. So, until then, I bought a RAM mirror mount which goes between the mirror stem and the mirror mount on the bike. Easiest mod install I ever did. Took all of 5 minutes! It sits outside the windshield so is not encumbered by the distortion or dirt on the windshield, and the GoPro can be easily removed once you're done filming or riding. For such a simple mount, it's an excellent little device.

I've made videos before on other bikes with a chest mount, but never mounted on a bike itself. So today I decided to give it a try.

Rain was threatening and it was pretty windy, so the video isn't as pretty as I'd like and there's lots of wind noise. I tried to narrate a little as I rode, but the engine, wind and helmet all but obliterated my voice. We had a ton of rain a few days ago, and the river near me had flooded its banks, so the scenic road had been entirely underwater and is now filthy. At least the road was open.

For some reason, the GoPro split my video into two segments, and I don't know why, nor if there is a setting I can change. Nor do I know how to splice them into one video, if anyone knows a free editor that can do it and doesn't require a PhD in computer programming.

Just wanted to try out the mount and the cam on the bike and get a quick scenic ride in before the rain and wind roll in as I submit this. Those of you who use GoPros, feel free to give me any tips on how to do things better. I don't have a helmet mic, if such a thing exists for it.

Enjoy.

Richmonder

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nice job!! I'm not much good at videos, but I can take some photo's. Richmond looks like a beautiful place.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I did OK for my first foray. I have a LOT to learn and really need a remote mic. I don't even know if that is doable with my Hero 3. Richmond is a nice city with lots of scenic spots, and I happen to live very close to the James River and U of R. I'll try to locate some other scenic areas for future rides.

Richmonder

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great job my friend! I'll have to learn a thing or two from you! If I'd just shut up and ride my vids might be better!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trust me - they wouldn't! Thanks man!

Richmonder

·
Registered
25 Posts
nice film, I'm also a film beginner and have screwed the bracket of my Rollei 425 to the mirror arm. my film was also a test.
I was enthusiastic about the series photo function,
a photo every 2 seconds (seconds adjustable)
https://youtu.be/-kEEq-GxaEQ

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice video quality and great scenery! Looks like we both need to attend the same classes! The mirror arm is a great mounting spot because it keeps the camera forward of all the bike components, and doesn't take up any space on the handlebars.

Thanks for sharing! I never knew Rollei made action cams!

Richmonder

Reactions: Urban
1 - 7 of 7 Posts