Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One year ago today, I took delivery of my Valkyrie. I had waited many days from the time I paid for it until it arrived. It was torture. The shipping company wouldn't even tell me where it was until the night before, and said it would arrive the next day. It was like Christmas in May! Probably the most exciting day I could remember in years. It reminded me of when I was a kid and my Honda Z50A showed up in a packing box in our driveway. That started the ball rolling for me, and the excitement was identical and no less intense all these years later. And it's been a hell of a year. I've owned some fun bikes over the years but none has fired me up like the Valk.

Here's a few photos from the delivery day. The bike was completely stock except for the windshield. Looks a little different now with all the accessories. But it sure was a beauty then, and still is, if I do say so myself!

I've made some great friends on this forum and I appreciate the camaraderie and advice from everyone!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice post.
I still have my dealer photo for the add that brought us together. Mine looks much different now as well. I like the raw naked superbike look. Although I really need all the added accessories to ride comfortably and enjoy the bikes full potential.
Happy 1 year

·
Registered
107 Posts
One year ago today, I took delivery of my Valkyrie. I had waited many days from the time I paid for it until it arrived. It was torture. The shipping company wouldn't even tell me where it was until the night before, and said it would arrive the next day. It was like Christmas in May! Probably the most exciting day I could remember in years. It reminded me of when I was a kid and my Honda Z50A showed up in a packing box in our driveway. That started the ball rolling for me, and the excitement was identical and no less intense all these years later. And it's been a hell of a year. I've owned some fun bikes over the years but none has fired me up like the Valk.

Here's a few photos from the delivery day. The bike was completely stock except for the windshield. Looks a little different now with all the accessories. But it sure was a beauty then, and still is, if I do say so myself!

I've made some great friends on this forum and I appreciate the camaraderie and advice from everyone!

View attachment 12487

View attachment 12488

View attachment 12489

View attachment 12491
Good write up and Happy one year anniversary! :)

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
It needs a set of bags... I think I have a set I could sell ya... LoL congrats on the anniversary Craig

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She's GOT a set of bags, baby! Thank you sir! I mean, it had to have a set of bags. But I liked the nice clean look of the bike before all the accessories. It was just a street fighter! Now she's a cruiser/tourer and a wolf in sheep's clothing!:cool:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Glad you're still enjoying your bike so much and that it arrived as you'd hoped. I got mine shipped from Woodstock (northeast of Chicago) four hours south to my place in SE Illinois in 2016 for Christmas. It arrived a week or so late and when the driver opened up the trailer's back door to unload it it was on it's right side! Totally scraped itself up on the aluminum tie-down racks (cheese graters!) for the four hours after his first on-ramp (taken at too high a speed for his Harbor Freight tie-down straps). He was more upset than I was as his insurance couldn't handle another claim and he didn't want the selling dealership to know, so he had to pay $2500 out-of-pocket for the damages. Got it back a few weeks later from the local dealership and I've never taken it back to a dealership since! I think this bike qualifies as a "never, ever sell" bike. Not many of those!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you're still enjoying your bike so much and that it arrived as you'd hoped. I got mine shipped from Woodstock (northeast of Chicago) four hours south to my place in SE Illinois in 2016 for Christmas. It arrived a week or so late and when the driver opened up the trailer's back door to unload it it was on it's right side! Totally scraped itself up on the aluminum tie-down racks (cheese graters!) for the four hours after his first on-ramp (taken at too high a speed for his Harbor Freight tie-down straps). He was more upset than I was as his insurance couldn't handle another claim and he didn't want the selling dealership to know, so he had to pay $2500 out-of-pocket for the damages. Got it back a few weeks later from the local dealership and I've never taken it back to a dealership since! I think this bike qualifies as a "never, ever sell" bike. Not many of those!
Wow. What a disappointment. I always wonder how they'd deal with damages like that. Some parts may no longer be available. May I ask who the shipper was? Was it an independent person? I used HaulBikes, and they had mine in a covered semi from Iowa, strapped down professionally with velvet strap covers. They did a fantastic job. Glad you were able to get it all taken care of.

Richmonder

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wow. What a disappointment. I always wonder how they'd deal with damages like that. Some parts may no longer be available. May I ask who the shipper was? Was it an independent person? I used HaulBikes, and they had mine in a covered semi from Iowa, strapped down professionally with velvet strap covers. They did a fantastic job. Glad you were able to get it all taken care of.

Richmonder
Yes, it was a major disappointment. Hard to describe. I'd been looking forward to it, had spent the money on it, and even knew I couldn't ride it when it got here anyway (winter in Illinois), but was still feeling gut-punched. Parts weren't an issue for the local Honda dealership as it was a few years ago when the bike was relatively new, but I did learn first-hand how the dealership was jacking me around afterwards. The damage cost was handled by the trailer driver, an independent previously used by the dealership, backed up with my own insurance, but the games the dealership started to play with me were good warnings not to trust them with my own money for future service. To be fair, they fixed every single broken or marred item on the bike, replaced all filters and other assorted maintenance mandated for a dumped bike, and gave me the bike back as new. No complaints there or the performance of the bike thereafter.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Congratulations on your one year anniversary with your Valkyire.
It will be 3 years for me later this summer.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For anyone interested, I've posted some videos of the ride. I got four recorded before my helmet mount fell apart.

crupert23225 - YouTube

Richmonder

Reactions: RRoy

·
Registered
183 Posts
Im about to celebrate 3 years with mine. Still loving it. Friends tell me to trade up for a Road King. Though these bikes look like a dang Go-Bot it's a much better bike than a Road King.
The "New" Valkyrie has its fault but it's still an amazing bike.
They tour pretty well once dressed up too.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Being a die hard Honda guy, the phrase "trading up to a Road King" doesn't resonate. Trading up? In what way? You certainly won't be gaining any speed, and looks-wise, this bike is hard to beat. Reliability is no comparison. I'll take my Valk, thank you! But to each his own.

Richmonder

Reactions: Sixshooter

·
Registered
530 Posts
Happy anniversary....I know that you now have a nice gift for her... Hopefully today. 🤞 fingers crossed.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Being a die hard Honda guy, the phrase "trading up to a Road King" doesn't resonate. Trading up? In what way? You certainly won't be gaining any speed, and looks-wise, this bike is hard to beat. Reliability is no comparison. I'll take my Valk, thank you! But to each his own.

Richmonder
That's exactly what I say.. 👍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts