Honda OEM Acc Socket - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Richmonder

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Honda OEM Acc Socket

In planning for an upcoming Summer roundtrip from Washington to Wisconsin via South Dakota and Minnesota, to attend my 51st high school reunion and a "last ride" with my brother whose health is failing as a direct result of two combat tours in Vietnam (but that is another story), I will be installing the Honda OEM ACC SOCKET (08E70-MJR-670), the Battery Tender USB Charger Adapter outlet and the Battery Tender Ring Terminal Accessory Cable.

I will be using the Honda OEM Acc Socket to recharge my CPAP batteries while riding. Apparently, the Acc Socket is always hot as there is a caution about running down the starting battery. The plan is to run the power plug from the ACC SOCKET to the CPAP battery in the right leather saddlebag to charge during the day.

In addition, I will be installing the Battery Tender pigtail to recharge my iPhone and Apple watch. I use the GPS function on my phone and watch. I have never listened to music while riding but I will have that capability to listen to music as well as turn by turn directions through the helmet comm connected to the iPhone via Bluetooth.

All this makes me sound like I actually know something about electronics, I don't. Being partially colorblind, I never really learned anything electrical, and being 70 years old on my next birthday, I am technology challenged too.

For future reference, here are the install directions.

https://cdn.powersports.honda.com/do...70-MJR-670.pdf

As a footnote:
I would have never purchased an Apple Watch as I thought and still think they are overpriced and somewhat ostentatious but I received one free for participating in a cardiac study. The only requirements are that you have an iPhone, be on Medicare, and are will to participate in the study. You are not required to have any ongoing health issues. If interested, send me your email by private message and I will send you a link to get an Apple Watch.

Thanks,
~Farther
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
I don't know if the accessory socket is always draining power, but if so, you could install a switch inline and mount it under a panel somewhere, or perhaps adhere it to the frame. I bought a charging port on Ebay that has the socket and two USB ports, as well as a power switch and voltage readout. I keep it on "off" except when in use. And I have a pigtail for charging. One of the few complaints I have about the design of this bike is that you have to remove the rear seat to remove the front seat, and you have to remove the front seat to access the rearward terminal of the battery. Horrible design. Keep your hex drill bit and power screwdriver handy.

Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder View Post
...you could install a switch inline and mount it under a panel somewhere...
No disrespect but I'll refer to the first post where I state: "All this makes me sound like I actually know something about electronics, I don't. Being partially colorblind, I never really learned anything electrical, and being 70 years old on my next birthday, I am technology challenged too."

Thanks,
~Farther
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
I understand completely. People often say something is easy, when in fact it's easy for THEM, but would be impossible for the novice. In the short time I've been on this board, I've seen it many times. It all depends on your skills and tools. Many of us have neither, nor anyone to go to who does. But if you know someone who's handy with small electronics, this would be a very simple job.

Richmonder
Farther likes this.

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
So where in Wisconsin are heading for?

Let's Ride
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
So where in Wisconsin are heading for?
Probably around the Viroqua-Liberty Pole-Coon Valley area. My grandfather had a farm somewhere around Coon Valley and my brother and I were born in Viroqua but we were living in Blue River at the time. To my knowledge, we do no have living relatives in that area or possibly in the whole state.

Thanks,
~Farther

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page