clutch side chrome grip end removal? - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2021, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
clutch side chrome grip end removal?

I'm wanting to install a helmet hook (www.thehelmethook.com) but I'm struggling to unscrew the clutch side chrome end cap. Any advice on removal without damage?

Thanks,
~Farther
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2021, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I just went out and looked at mine it seems like there is a little bit of wiggle play in there but other than that it seems like it is one piece I don't think it is a barweight type grip like on the pictures on that site
Farther likes this.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2021, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for checking.

Thanks,
~Farther
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2021, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Not tryin' to steal your dream or anything, let alone appear to be a smart-a$$, but there IS a helmet hook/lock already on the bike on the left side just below the seat. Ignition key required. I realize that many of the "new to them - but used" 2014+ Valk owners often don't get the original Owners' Manual, and don't know about the dash and how to customize it or other unique aspects of the bike. W/O a manual, a lot of things would be hard to find or figure out. Just hanging an expensive helmet on a hook w/o locking it is not my way to peace of mind. Maybe I misunderstood the info in your link to the handlebar hook when I looked at it. Does it lock conveniently? It's easy to trick your bike out with stuff when it's new to you that you maybe later wish you had just kept the bucks in your wallet. Ask me how I know. I have numerous really cool bike gadgets for mine that are still "minty-fresh" and still in their boxes in a bigger box in my garage. Still, it's hard to not do stuff like this in the winter time when you can't ride.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2021, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

I do have and read the owner's manual, I am aware of the helmet lock on the rear of the Valkyrie and there is a provision for a helmet lock on the helmet hook. I prefer to remove my helmet while sitting on the bike and then get off. I've never had a helmet stolen and never have locked a helmet up. However, I am only 70 years old so, there is time left for me to lose a helmet.
Sixshooter and Hot Rod like this.

Thanks,
~Farther

Last edited by Farther; 01-02-2021 at 08:22 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2021, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

I went with the same arrangement I had on my 1500 Valkyrie, Show Chrome Helmet Holder Studs. I may have a clearance issue so time will tell. I wore one of those brain saucer bowl helmets on my 1500 Valk but will be wearing a LS2 Valient II helmet this time around. There were no issues hanging the minimalist DOT helmet on the 1500 Valk.

Thanks,
~Farther
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2021, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post
I do have and read the owner's manual, I am aware of the helmet lock on the rear of the Valkyrie and there is a provision for a helmet lock on the helmet hook. I prefer to remove my helmet while sitting on the bike and then get off. I've never had a helmet stolen and never have locked a helmet up. However, I am only 70 years old so, there is time left for me to lose a helmet.
I, too, am 70 years old, but I cannot claim to not have had a helmet stolen from my bike. Parked it at Walmart, was inside for ten minutes, and came out to a cut-off helmet strap, the D-ring still securely in the helmet lock. It was a matching helmet with my wife's and had my half of the communication system in it. Pricier Walmart trip than I had planned. You are simply luckier than I am.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2021, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Never had a helmet stolen. Most don't wear helmets in Florida, guess I'm the minority. I'm not cool enough or pretty enough to go without. I just can't imagine another rider stealing a helmet. Maybe it's the crackheads?
My helmet goes on the seat, or on the tank between the bars with my gloves underneath to protect the paint.

If you can't be a good example, be a WARNING.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2021, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixshooter View Post
Never had a helmet stolen.... I just can't imagine another rider stealing a helmet. Maybe it's the crackheads?
Yes, walk by, grab a helmet, stop by the pawn shop, then take cash to the the liquor store or guy on the corner ... You might check out the inventory at your local pawn shop to see if there's anyone around you exercising that technique. I hope not. My luck is more like KUGO's in this respect.

2nd owner of 2014 Valkyrie

Previous Bikes:
’66 Benelli (Montgomery Wards) 125 cc Riverside
’74 Yamaha Enduro DT360
’74 Honda CB450
’76 Kawasaki KH500
’77 Yamaha RD400
’80 Kawasaki KX250
’71 Honda CB750K1
’82 Yamaha Virago XV750
'95 Honda Magna VF750CD
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2021, 01:28 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Ive have Arai’s around here they’ll snatch it go to Revzilla order replacements for the inner liners and you got a $800- $1000 helmet for about $100 so yeah I lock mine never did with those Harley lids though LoL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page