Sissy Bar with Saddlebag Stays Question - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sarkonis

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sissy Bar with Saddlebag Stays Question

Howdy all! New owner here. Had a valkyrie in 2001 and now have a 2014 Valk. I picked it up and it already has the sissy bar with luggage rack attachment on it. I am installing the saddlebag stays currently and noticed that if I use the spacers for both the stays and the sissy bar, there isn't enough room to put it all back into place. Am I supposed to just remove one of the spacers and butt up the sissy bar to the stay (metal to metal) and still keep the spacer in-between the stay and the grab handle?

Anyone have both the stays and sissy bars on their Valks? How did you manage? Many thanks.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Pic attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200403_210040.jpg (253.0 KB, 31 views)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
There should be a new set of spacers that are thinner. The front are different thickness from the back. Don't reuse the spacers that came the sissy bar.

The order working from outside in should be Grab Rail, Spacer, Saddlebag Bracket, Sissy bar then Bolt.

The right side saddlebag stay mounts from the inside of the bikes frame, opposite installation from the left side FYI. Mess this up and the right stay will stick out. I found out the hard way LOL.

I recommend some additional painters tape or cloth on the sides where the stay bolts to the bracket so the bolts don't scratch the paint.

Mount everything loose and tighten at the end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Ok it fits now, although getting the bolts back in is a bit of a chore.

Too bad I have to take the left side apart now... I mounted both on the inside. After your comment i went and eyeballed it and just died a little inside. Much appreciated. Will finish up tomorrow.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Got them on there. Look pretty good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200404_164755.jpg (297.1 KB, 23 views)
Smitty79 likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Looks good. I have the Viking extra large bags waiting to go on. Do you have pics from the back?

I plan to cut the top mounting tabs and get them welded back on pointing down, I want the bags to fit as low as possible. I think I saw someone else on this forum do the same thing, can’t seem to find the post.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2020, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Just went and snapped one. Honestly, I'm just glad I found some that worked. The weird thing is that those bags stick pretty far out imho, but the bikes so wide up front that it looks fine when you take a step back. I ran into a small issue on the left side as well. I used the holes from the right saddlebag to mirror the left and the bottom two holes were off by about 1/8". Not the end of the world as the rubber grommets cover the adjustments fine, but it would be nice if those stays were actually exact. . Now I start the search for a windshield, I really don't care for the one that's on it currently, but it's functional for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200405_215611.jpg (304.7 KB, 16 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page