Russell Day-Long "sport" saddle - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Russell Day-Long "sport" saddle

Does anyone have the "sport" version of the Russell Day-Long saddle? I was looking into the "sport" version cuz I want some comfort but don't want it to look like your grandfather's seat.....and don't want it to increase my ground reach height.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 08:49 AM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HValkrider View Post
I want some comfort but don't want it to look like your grandfather's seat.....and don't want it to increase my ground reach height.
that's the thing about seats. when your riding, it doesn't matter what it looks like because you cant see it. but you can feel it working for you.. function.
but too often mc guys are caught up in what it looks like when your not riding it. they want it to look like a streamlined rocket so others will think they are badassers. in another world they are called posers. only another poser looks at a machine and thinks that is badass, you must be a rockstar to ride that.
the reason your grandfathers mc has a saddle that fits and works is that he is still riding after all these years. he doesn't giveashit what any young poser thinks of his machine or saddle. he only cares that it still works. and has been more places than most will ever see on their streamlined rockets. poncho

Ursus Horribilus
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
that's the thing about seats. when your riding, it doesn't matter what it looks like because you cant see it. but you can feel it working for you.. function.
but too often mc guys are caught up in what it looks like when your not riding it. they want it to look like a streamlined rocket so others will think they are badassers. in another world they are called posers. only another poser looks at a machine and thinks that is badass, you must be a rockstar to ride that.
the reason your grandfathers mc has a saddle that fits and works is that he is still riding after all these years. he doesn't giveashit what any young poser thinks of his machine or saddle. he only cares that it still works. and has been more places than most will ever see on their streamlined rockets. poncho
I ride a lot and my bike and truck has to be clean and look good.
So I do like function over style to a point.

Let's Ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Ya, many don't like the looks of my seat and even say you must be soft if you can't suck it up on the stock seat for a couple hours. But all I have to say is, I'll see you in a few days when you catch up to me On a road trip. This seat may not look stylish but you can knock out 600 mile days in comfort!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0627_1569763727014.jpg (895.1 KB, 54 views)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 09:38 AM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
sl, does that backrest come with the front seat? or is it another brand? did you,, how did you cut the rear seat to accommodate it?
July I knocked out 2 x 875 mile days on the stock seat and paid for it after. it took a week just getting to stand up straight and walk again. I may have to get one of those granpa seats soon. after all I am. still riding. poncho

Ursus Horribilus
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I had a old Mustang Seat backrest and post that a fabricated to fit the stock rear seat. A little welding, cutting, bolting and it fits me perfectly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0133_1569764683774.jpg (112.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0141_1569764770499.jpg (114.1 KB, 18 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page