Passenger floorboard advice? - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Passenger floorboard advice?

My wife and I were discussing relative comfort yesterday after a longer ride. She is totally satisfied with her OEM seat. Me, not so much. Her only complaint was that she couldn't move her feet fore and aft like she could with the last bike with mini-floorboards for her. I looked at the all-black Kuryakyn mini-boards, which are "universal" (do they fit?), but wanted to ask everyone else who maybe already solved their problem with them or something else. Any suggestions? Thanks!
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:23 PM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUGO View Post
or something else. Any suggestions? Thanks!
kg, ok so you did ask.. how about she get her own bike? they come with their own floor boards. well you did ask.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Ill probably go with the Honda OEM part... they look good enough I just wonder if they'll fit with the Corbin Fleetliner bags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
kg, ok so you did ask.. how about she get her own bike? they come with their own floor boards. well you did ask.
There is no point in asking her that. She had to sell her own HD when she started to have balance issues. I thought that that was a good idea. And now I don't worry my *** off when we are riding together. I know she's now safer than she's ever been on a bike by herself. I bought her a new 10-speed bicycle to see if that would help her regain some balance control, with practice. She "rode" it 50 feet on the sidewalk over by the neighbor's house. Got off, turned around and wobbled back. Last time she tried to ride by herself. It's a bit rusty now, but it's for sale, with low mile. Hey, she's 67 to my 68 years of age, Poncho. Cut her some slack. Now, back to her floorboard issue...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Six View Post
Ill probably go with the Honda OEM part... they look good enough I just wonder if they'll fit with the Corbin Fleetliner bags
That will be my "go-to" if I can't find something more to my liking. I'm going to call the folks at J&P Cycles and talk to them about the Kuryakyn model I mentioned above. I think they may have an adapter that will work on our bikes. I don't have bags, so that's not an issue.

On a side note, I really wondered how I would do w/out bags on my bike, since I've had them on Harleys since the '90's. Fact is, my riding is different at this age and I realize how many miles I toted ALL kinds of tools and other heavy "essentials" thousands of miles w/out ever using. So far, my sissy bar bag has been able to hold all I really need.

Thanks for your response!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
She is totally satisfied with her OEM seat...
I see in the book it says they have pressurised gas in them - ie don't puncture them.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:32 PM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
There is no point in asking her that. She had to sell her HD. Hey, she's 67 to my 68 years of age, Poncho. Cut her some slack. Now, back to her floorboard issue...
Kg, ahh background. Just get her a Velcrose suit and matching patches on your scooter. Stick her where she is comfy and she won’t blow or fall off. Velcrose , the magic of science

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page