New Bike - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
New Bike

I've gone long enough without a Valkyrie. I totaled my first generation Valkyrie in 2015 five days after I retired. I'm healed, it's time for a new one. I would like to configure my new Valkyrie similar to my old one but without the leather saddlebags. My questions are:

1. I would like to do the solo saddle with a Honda cargo rack and Honda sissy bar and keep the passenger handlebars to secure my touring gear but remove the passenger seat. Is this easily doable?

2. Does anybody make a rack to replace the passenger seat?

3. More questions to come.

Thanks,
~Farther
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yes and no
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 10:44 AM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post
I've gone long enough without a Valkyrie. I totaled my first generation Valkyrie in 2015 five days after I retired. I'm healed, it's time for a new one. I would like to configure my new Valkyrie similar to my old one but without the leather saddlebags. My questions are:

1. I would like to do the solo saddle with a Honda cargo rack and Honda sissy bar and keep the passenger handlebars to secure my touring gear but remove the passenger seat. Is this easily doable?

2. Does anybody make a rack to replace the passenger seat?

3. More questions to come.
far,, I have my own questions. but first I will answer yours.

1. Yes. take off the passenger seat only. all items are separable pieces.
2. You being a Tenured bike type guy probably has had a fistful of bikes and experience. It is high time that you learn to fabricate your own parts. either use parts built for other bikes and make them fit your new sled , or just scratch out your own specs and have some metal shop make it for you.. its more fun to do your own. you will be the only kid with it.
3. No more soup for you. today.

OK, so this is what I want to know. How do you like your New Valk as compared to your old Valk? what makes it more better? what do you miss ? be gentle, this crowd is sensitive bunch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
congrats
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbrown2322 View Post
congrats
The congrats are pre-mature as I am still negotiating.

Thanks,
~Farther
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2020, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Third times a charm. My first effort to purchase a second-generation Valkyrie was when the new old stock was selling for about $8k a few years ago. I paid a down payment and had a plane ticket to fly to Milwaukee, Wisc to pick up a brand new black model and ride it back to the west coast. With bags packed, when it came time to go to the airport my wife said she would not drive me to the airport and wanted nothing to do with me getting another motorcycle. So I thought in the interest of marital peace I would cancel this. Two years later my wife of 43 years and I decided to split the sheets. Unencumbered by a controlling spouse, I located a lightly used black ABS model in Portland, OR and was on my way to purchase it when I got cold feet and decided to not go through with the purchase. So now on my third attempt, I will be picking up a lightly used 2014 black Valkyrie on Tuesday. This time it is a go.

Thanks,
~Farther
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2020, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
A long wait for sure but I think you will enjoy it as to your original post (years ago LoL) unless you just DESPISE that passenger seat you might look at this... there IS a thread on this somewhere on the sit, it mounts on there and ties off on the grab rails good I was going to get it... but I bought a Corbin Dual Tour and think its too wide to make it work

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Saddlemen-T...53.m1438.l2649

EDIT I found the old thread with pics and its even on a black bike LOL

https://www.f6cforum.com/forum/9-hon...r-luggage.html

Last edited by Flat Six; 10-30-2020 at 08:12 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2020, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Any future road trip will most likely include a medium Camelbak mil-spec backpack and a large MountainSmith duffle bag, stuff I already have. If I purchase dedicated motorcycle luggage, I'm leaning towards this:https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/51...ad-warrior-bag

Thanks,
~Farther
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2020, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs up

You will love the 2014. I really like mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post
Third times a charm. My first effort to purchase a second-generation Valkyrie was when the new old stock was selling for about $8k a few years ago. I paid a down payment and had a plane ticket to fly to Milwaukee, Wisc to pick up a brand new black model and ride it back to the west coast. With bags packed, when it came time to go to the airport my wife said she would not drive me to the airport and wanted nothing to do with me getting another motorcycle. So I thought in the interest of marital peace I would cancel this. Two years later my wife of 43 years and I decided to split the sheets. Unencumbered by a controlling spouse, I located a lightly used black ABS model in Portland, OR and was on my way to purchase it when I got cold feet and decided to not go through with the purchase. So now on my third attempt, I will be picking up a lightly used 2014 black Valkyrie on Tuesday. This time it is a go.

Current:

2014 Honda F6C Valkyrie

Past:
1996 Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Other than from the trailer to the yard I have not ridden my new to me Valkyrie. I hauled it home in periods of driving rain, now waiting on delivery of my helmet, the forecast is calling for freezing rain and up to 20" of snow in parts of the mountains. The helmet arrives today, the better weather, not for a few days.

Thanks,
~Farther

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page