Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Corbin Touring Seat

8K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Buster 
#1 ·
I was looking at the Corbin touring seat and wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money to get one. After debating I finally decided to spend the cash and man it was worth it so far. The craftsmanship, quality and fit are great! Being that it has stormed like crazy in Houston I only got to put 2 miles on it in my neighborhood, but it feels great and is much easier on my lower back and butt than the stock seat was. I got the touring model with the rider back rest, non heated and no passenger back rest since I already have the Honda back rest installed. My plan is to put some miles on the seat soon and give a short review here a out my findings. So far I'm glad I spent the money and went with the Corbin seat!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I had been considering having my seat rebuilt by several companies, but by the time I added up the cost of what I wanted done to my seat and my passenger's seat, I figured I may as well just get the Corbin. I'm thrilled with the seat. All of the warnings about Corbin seats being too hard are hyperbole. I just did about 400 miles in one day with no seat discomfort. The stock seat barely made it to 100 miles before I was standing on the pegs. My shoulders were a bit sore after 400, but that's due to bars being too far forward.

#7 ·
What is it, exactly, that makes the Corbin more comfortable, especially for long rides, than the stock seat? The specific shape? Size difference? Internal padding differences? I need something to overcome the hip pain that arrives too early. I like the look of the Corbin, but not the donut backrest. (I know that's a delete option.) The seat itself looks deep enough that it would offer a solid "backstop" when you crank the throttle, and the pilot backrest just doesn't look good to me.

#8 ·
I can't speak on the passenger backrest but I have a rider backrest and it fits into a bracket and is held on by a bolt. It's very solid, secure and doesn't have any give. I have the Honda stock passenger backrest on mine so again I can't tell you for sure but if it's like the rider mount it should be plenty sturdy.
As far as the seat the comfort and padding is great. Did a quick 100 miles on it today and it really is a great seat. The stock seat hurt my back and butt after 50 or so miles. This seat is much more comfortable and has padding in all the right places.

#9 ·
I don't know what honda was thinking by putting that seat on the valkyrie. I can't even tell if it is too hard or too soft. All I know is that after 50 miles I feel it, after 80 it's uncomfortable, after 100 it's starting to hurt, and after 150 I need a break.

Kinda silly for a premium bike that originally sold for over $20k.

#11 · (Edited)
I don't know what honda was thinking by putting that seat on the valkyrie. I can't even tell if it is too hard or too soft. All I know is that after 50 miles I feel it, after 80 it's uncomfortable, after 100 it's starting to hurt, and after 150 I need a break. Kinda silly for a premium bike that originally sold for over $20k.
KN, unless you are buying a $25-30k application specific tour bike your not likely to get a premium tour seat. stock seats on most all bikes suck. I found this valk to be rock hard the first day 250 miles. I dialed the rear suspension 4 full rotations softer. 2 days another 750 miles it was still too hard. so I dialed it another full rotation ccw softer. 2 more days another 750 miles and it was not hurting as bad. still the seat is too hard at the edges where it cuts into your hams. It is square edged shaped like sitting on flat board. So its not just the density as much as it is the shape. For any kind of lengthy riding 200-700 mile days, its time to pony up and get a real tour seat. poncho

#10 ·
I had to replace my stock seat as quickly as I could. I couldn't ride longer than an hour without hurting. I got a Corbin seat and I love it. It takes about 1,000 or so miles to break it in, but once you do it is amazing. It fits me like a glove. I can ride for hours without any pain or discomfort.

#12 · (Edited)
Bought my F6C today and put a grand total of 40 miles on it.
Parked it and ordered a quite lovely Dual Touring Seat from Corbin. All black with burgandy welting and red stitching. Hope it looks as good on the bike as it did on the website.

What hurts more, riding the stock seat for 50 miles or waiting for the Corbin seat to come in? lol

Ordered the 2" ROX risers tonight as well. If Corbin can move me forward an inch like I asked, the risers and seat are going to make all the difference in the world.

Can't wait!

Oh! So my sister stands beside my bike and asks me what I will name it. "I don't know" I say. She says you could call her "Val". looking at the Valkyrie badge.
I say "I don't think so". So she moves to the rear of the bike, looks at the honda badge and says "You could call her "Ho!"
Hope that name does'nt stick. lol

#16 ·
Ordered the 2" ROX risers tonight as well. If Corbin can move me forward an inch like I asked, the risers and seat are going to make all the difference in the world.

That is my setup. 1” forward Corbin with 2” Rox risers. Only thing missing for you are the ErgoIII highway pegs. I’m 5’8” and have done 1000 miles in a day stopping for a break at gas stops every 200 miles. I go out for 2 or 3 hour rides and never even think about discomfort of any kind. Bet your going to love it!!

#19 ·
I am a tad over 5'7". I used to be 5'8" I think... lol

My VTX is a feet forward ride and and when my back was making it hard to walk or even sit, that bike was the only place that worked. Even before my last surgery all I had to do was get on the bike and get rolling and I was in heaven. No pain. Hoping I can accomplish the same with this Valk.

Not sure 2" risers will do the trick but I hope so because I really don't want to have to bother with custom cables and such.

Keeping my fingers crossed with the seat. I think if it needs tweaking after I get it I will just go to Daytona and let them personally measure it and such.

#22 ·
I got my touring seat last fall. My Corbin reduced the seat height at least an inch and pushed me forward. I had requested to maintain the stock seat position. Now my windscreen is in my line of sight again after I already tipped it back.

#23 ·
Received my Corbin dual touring seat last week, rode it 300 miles yesterday, and it performed better than I had hoped. Dramatically more comfortable than the stock seat + AirHawk II combination. I opted for the alligator textured leather, and wasn't so impressed with that, but it's OK. I also paid $257 for the driver's large T ovalback, and am so far quite disappointed that there is apparently no forward adjustment, only the tilt. Some of their seats have the spring fold down that also allows forward adjustment, but not this one. I sent them a note a few days ago to make sure I'm not missing something, and I haven't heard back yet. I strongly recommend the seat, but not the ovalback for that price. I'll take and upload photos one of these days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.