Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Brighter Headlight

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Poncho 
#1 ·
Are there any options out there to brighten the headlight? It seems like my fog lights put out more light than my headlight.

#5 ·
Thanks, I found the nut on the side and adjusted it with an 8mm wrench. I'll have to wait until it gets dark tonight to tweak it to the perfect level. Hopefully that fixes it. It did seem to be pointing too low.

#6 ·
I kinda know where you're coming from. The headlight is bright but for it being white LED it just doesn't seem it and feels like you're going to outrun your headlight. Especially on a dark highway. It's why I added the foglights. They help A LOT.
I have the accessory ones which are great however pricy. There are aftermarket ones that are actually better and cheaper. Some you can run with your brights (which in a lot of states are illegal but a ticket is cheaper than the ER) . Look into some LED foglights. Huge improvement.

#8 ·
I have the accessory ones which are great however pricy. There are aftermarket ones that are actually better and cheaper. Some you can run with your brights (which in a lot of states are illegal but a ticket is cheaper than the ER) . Look into some LED foglights. Huge improvement.
I never utilize stock wiring for aux lamps or other devices. it is a recipe for replacing a harness if you should ever have a direct short. yeah the fuse should save your bacon. why risk it.
I route new RED 16g wire from the battery + thru an inline fuse and then thru a relay to whatever device/ lamps I add. of course I run a separate Black 16g return wire to the battery - ground lug at the frame.
I install a LED push on/push off switch at some convenient place. This 3 wire LED switch gets its power from a keyed switch circuit, I usually use the license plate light, intercept it under the seat at harness. 18g is more than sufficient for this switch. This switch can energize the Relay which will energize the aux lamps. It has LED lite to let you know its on/off mode. This circuit is only hot when the bike is keyed ON. key off the switch goes dead, the relay drops out, the Aux lights go out.
and they don't draw on or thru the bikes electrical circuits. they draw off the battery only when the bike is running. poncho

I can draw schematic and scan it , but this system wont let me post .pdf something about file sizes too big. same for pix.

#7 ·
I've got a set of bikers choice halogen fog lights for a wing and they bolted right in, also replaced the 35w bulbs with 55s i liked the patern they just wern't bright enough.

If you run a switched hot wire down to where the fog light switch is supposed to be you can run them independently from your high/low beam.

PIAA also makes a couple options for light mounting. I just ordered a set of fork tube mounts that will be getting led pods aimed at the ditches.

80mph speed limit on the interstate here and deer suck so the more light the better

#9 ·
For my auxiliary lights I ran a similar set-up to what Poncho describes. The switch was just in front of the high beam rocker switch.

I found that the stock headlight was ok, the low mounted fog/DRL/always on lights in the fairing helped, but adding the aux lights was what really made this bike better for all through the night rides.

#10 · (Edited)
OX, that is the exact same LED push on/ push off switch I use one the last dozen bikes. have added aux lamps like this with Zero issues. I am very careful not to infringe upon stock wiring..
1976 I bought a used Honda cb750f that a buddy had done a fair amount of customizing to it.. On a trip to mexico the bike went tittsup. I could not figure it or fix it, so the trip ended short. good thing I had my left truck in new Orleans to rescue the bike. anyway, the short story is that a shop wound up having to replace the entire wiring harness (so they say) and the cost of it and labor was more than I had in the bike. I wound up giving that bike to the shop just to pay my bill. not going down that road again. wiring. mexico either. poncho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.