Taller final drive ratio! - Page 5 - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 6Likes

post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
I think electrics are basically going to be city commuter bikes. Perfect for that purpose.
Hot Rod likes this.
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:39 PM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
"I have a dream" "I've been to the mountain and have seen the writing on the wall"..
one of my (many) bucket list rides is at least 6 months (as many are) long and most likely would have to be done in segments. that is for safe passage issue not a ride issue.. I will recruit a small band of ne'rdowells to accomplish this as a team. 4-6 max, 3 teams of 2 wingmen. just getting to point A is journey in itself.
It begins at the northernmost point of the US, prudo bay aka dead horse Alaska. this is the launch point for a mostly contiguous ride all the way down to the southernmost point accessible by road "end of the world" park in Patagonio Argentina. it is about 12k miles worth of adventure, much of which is in foreign lands. I will have to bone up on my Spanglish...

ok wtf does this have to do with taller gears ? well this topic did take some left turns.. so.. I want to do it on an Electric Dual Sport bike. perhaps something like zero DS model or another if the japs ever get off theirass and start producing them in quantity at reasonable prices. or not?

how thehell do you plan to do that with such short range and recharge issues? hopefully by time I am ready to pull this off, those wont be large glaring issues. I think that a team of riders with a chase vehicle full of spare parts, tools and yes, charged batteries might be comforting if not outright needful. perhaps some riders wouldn't mind rotating driving shifts so everybody can get some quality ride time in. even a full spare bike in the back of the 4 door truck, so if one goes totally south and needs some TLC before rotating back into service. these are just ideas at this time. this particular bucket item is at least 5-8yrs out. plenty of time to work on my Spanglish. poncho

Ursus Horribilus

Last edited by Poncho; 08-20-2019 at 07:48 PM.
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
"I have a dream" "I've been to the mountain and have seen the writing on the wall"..
one of my (many) bucket list rides is at least 6 months (as many are) long and most likely would have to be done in segments. that is for safe passage issue not a ride issue.. I will recruit a small band of ne'rdowells to accomplish this as a team. 4-6 max, 3 teams of 2 wingmen. just getting to point A is journey in itself.
It begins at the northernmost point of the US, prudo bay aka dead horse Alaska. this is the launch point for a mostly contiguous ride all the way down to the southernmost point accessible by road "end of the world" park in Patagonio Argentina. it is about 12k miles worth of adventure, much of which is in foreign lands. I will have to bone up on my Spanglish...

ok wtf does this have to do with taller gears ? well this topic did take some left turns.. so.. I want to do it on an Electric Dual Sport bike. perhaps something like zero DS model or another if the japs ever get off theirass and start producing them in quantity at reasonable prices. or not?

how thehell do you plan to do that with such short range and recharge issues? hopefully by time I am ready to pull this off, those wont be large glaring issues. I think that a team of riders with a chase vehicle full of spare parts, tools and yes, charged batteries might be comforting if not outright needful. perhaps some riders wouldn't mind rotating driving shifts so everybody can get some quality ride time in. even a full spare bike in the back of the 4 door truck, so if one goes totally south and needs some TLC before rotating back into service. these are just ideas at this time. this particular bucket item is at least 5-8yrs out. plenty of time to work on my Spanglish. poncho
Count me in Poncho ... always had it in my mind to do one such trans America ride ... I may just choose to ignore your racist remarks though lol but who knows I maybe of help to you when a cholo pulls up to you with a semi automatic in mexamerica... lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashram1974 View Post
Count me in Poncho ... always had it in my mind to do one such trans America ride ... I may just choose to ignore your racist remarks though lol but who knows I maybe of help to you when a cholo pulls up to you with a semi automatic in mexamerica... lol
only if you take a body dive in front of cholo, me and my racerist mexcan buddies will be bustin ass out of there.
ps. we don't do pc. just tell it like it is.

Ursus Horribilus

Last edited by Poncho; 08-21-2019 at 05:12 PM.
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:13 PM

Mexicans ain't racist my friend, even if they are your friends you may really need a cholo looking buddy like me to get out of the situation. They don't play games there as you know.
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashram1974 View Post
Mexicans ain't racist my friend, even if they are your friends you may really need a cholo looking buddy like me to get out of the situation. They don't play games there as you know.
you say it like it was a bad thing? the way pc folks toss that term around it has zero street cred.. and if you think anybody including mexcans don't have prejudices you are blind to humanity. we all do, you included. most all my buddies have plenty and don't have any trouble saying so or owning it. all the pc cowering behind couched language is why we cant work things out.. there use to be a thing called levity, but even that had gotten trashed. nobody can speak the truth w/o reprisal. fk it, let the chips fall where they may. nobody needs to soft shoe it

your anticipation of confrontation with armed militia, hmm. I wrote that this adventure might require segments as currently there are no go zones in mexamerica. that is fluid. unless you just want or invite confrontation, I have no desire to create such.. so in your attempt to use some levity on the subject, so did I. now your want to go all Rambo? I don't think so. if your are not having fun, then you are not doing it right. poncho

Ursus Horribilus

Last edited by Poncho; 08-21-2019 at 05:48 PM.
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:59 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
you say it like it was a bad thing? the way pc folks toss that term around it has zero street cred.. and if you think anybody including mexcans don't have prejudices you are blind to humanity. we all do, you included. most all my buddies have plenty and don't have any trouble saying so or owning it. all the pc cowering behind couched language is why we cant work things out.. there use to be a thing called levity, but even that had gotten trashed. nobody can speak the truth w/o reprisal. fk it, let the chips fall where they may. nobody needs to soft shoe it

your anticipation of confrontation with armed militia, hmm. I wrote that this adventure might require segments as currently there are no go zones in mexamerica. that is fluid. unless you just want or invite confrontation, I have no desire to create such.. so in your attempt to use some levity on the subject, so did I. now your want to go all Rambo? I don't think so. if your are not having fun, then you are not doing it right. poncho
Nah... its all in levity and in good spirit... not trying to go all Rambo... or superhero... been there done that ... but, not anymore... too many stakes on the ground to play insensible like that.
And I like your honesty and bluntness... and you are right, everyone has some amount of prejudices inbuilt - that's natural design.... but who am I to judge? that's all I'm saying.
There's good, bad and the ugly amongst every kind and in every country and town... AND ALMOST ALWAYS I TRY TO DE ESCALATE THE SITUATION EVEN IF ITS A CAGER TRYING TO CUT ME OFF.I just hand signal them down or just smile and say wow!
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:17 PM

just for our information. there is no such thing as RACEs, so the term Racerist is just a Tool used by Tools to attempt to shut people down.. the only race on this planet is the human race. there are many cultures and nations and languages and religions and politics ad infinum. but there are NO races. So since we are all in this and share space and time, we need to work things out, our differences.. we cannot do that if we can't speak truth. and then own it. I got plenty nuff of my own baggage to deal with. poncho

btw, I do appreciate straight talk, even if its me that needs talkin to.

Ursus Horribilus
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
seems like the last several messages are wayyyy off the topic of Taller Final Drive. Just sayin'...

2nd owner of 2014 Valkyrie

Previous Bikes:
66 Benelli (Montgomery Wards) 125 cc Riverside
74 Yamaha Enduro DT360
74 Honda CB450
76 Kawasaki KH500
77 Yamaha RD400
80 Kawasaki KX250
71 Honda CB750K1
82 Yamaha Virago XV750
'95 Honda Magna VF750CD
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
seems like the last several messages are wayyyy off the topic of Taller Final Drive. Just sayin'...
so your saying three left turns don't make a right ?

Ursus Horribilus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page