OEM Windscreens - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 6Likes

post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OEM Windscreens

Looking for some input on the 2 available windscreens available from Honda. The BLVD and TALL windscreens. I am 5'8" and have done nothing to my bike yet. I am wondering if the blvd screen will direct the wind over my head or at my head or into my chest. Im quite sure the tall screen will put it over me or **** near close. My old bike had a tall screen and i got just a bit about eye level. Any input would be great. Thanks!!
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I have the tall screen I am 5'10" and I can't see over the top of it while riding I have to look through it (something I've never had to do before)... it keeps the wind completely off my chest I have to be heading directly into the wind and going faster than 80mph before I get any bad buffeting on my full face helmet... I have read on the various forums and seen on Youtube the boulevard screen takes a little off your chest and that's about it... The thing is I got my tall screen about a month ago and it was one of the last 3 in Honda's inventory I had to call 6 dealers before I found one in NH... they are on back permanent back order and may or may not ever be produced again (much like the passenger backrest) there is one on eBay if you want it I'd act quickly
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 12:24 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I use the tall windscreen and find it very efficient at diverting wind over my head. Most of the time I look through it instead of over it. I did build a small extension bracket to angle it more because I found the factory bracket kept it too upright and more susceptible to buffeting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
You are better off buying the tall windshield and having it cut down than buying the boulevard and finding it too short.
valk2 likes this.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I have the Honda tall windshield and i am struggling with it.I am 6 foot using the Honda seat.I can see over the screen it is at about nose height for me.However between speeds of 65 to 80 mph the buffering is so bad i am unable to read the number plate of a car in front.It is very small fast oscillation rather than large helmet movements.
I have tried all of my three helmets gives me the same effect.
I have made the small bracket for the bottom of the screen to push the screen out to the same angle of the forks,better but not perfect.
I have added the MRA screen extender and that has completely removed the turbulence which is what it is designed to do,however it now means i am looking through a screen which i do not like.
At the moment i am considering my options including at the moment bidding on a slightly smaller universal screen on E bay that i will be happy to chop about to see if it helps.
I do not want to cut down the Honda screen as it is a lot of money if i get it wrong.
I may consider removing the screen altogether if i am unable to sort this.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
The tall screen is too tall for me. I'm 5'11" and I have to look through it. It's not too bad in heavy rain, but if it is drizzling or misty out, the wind will not push the water off of the screen. I was on the tollway and had to tell what was going on by the tail lights ahead of me, couldn't see potholes either. I'm going to get some RainX for plastic and see if that helps. On my 1500 the shield is about 4" above eye level but it doesn't have that effect, so I'm really hoping the RainX will do the trick.

2015 Valkyrie; 2004 V-Star 1100, 1997 Goldwing Aspencade
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the tall screen on my '14 Valk. I'm 6'3", and I look over the top. It really cleans up the ride, and I feel the wind break right at the top of my helmet. I agree that you are better of getting the tall, and having it cut to fit. And make sure that screen is dead square when installed. If it's off just a bit, that seems like when the buffeting gets real bad. I tweaked mine 3 times before it smoothed out at highway speeds.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 03:03 AM

netguyinPA
Will check to see if the screen is dead square thanks for the info.
netguyinPA likes this.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I just received my OEM tall windscreen in the mail today. Any tips or suggestions on installation? I am probably going to put it on Friday. I will provide a review of it this weekend. I am 6' and am looking forward to smoother riding.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 04:49 AM

Not able to give you any tips on fitment mine was already on the bike.Will be interested in your thoughts on the screen though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page