Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Centerstand???

66K views 100 replies 45 participants last post by  JackB 
#1 ·
Anyone know if the F6B center stand will fit the Valkyrie?

#6 ·
I installed my Gold Wing center stand on my Valkyrie to take the front wheel off.

I don't have the special shield for the exhaust, but I don't plan on leaving it on.

Even if I wanted to leave it on, the stand barely lifts the bike up. It is crazy easy to put on the center stand but the bad thing is it is very easy for it to roll off of the stand.

For it to work safely (IMO) the center stand would need to be a bit taller.

I think this is because the ground clearance for the Valkyrie is higher than the Gold Wing.

(I am pretty sure the Gold Wing and F6B share the same center stand.)

#75 ·
Even if I wanted to leave it on, the stand barely lifts the bike up. It is crazy easy to put on the center stand but the bad thing is it is very easy for it to roll off of the stand.
For it to work safely (IMO) the center stand would need to be a bit taller.
I have seen center stands with adjustable feet. Drill the bottom legs and tap them with standard bolt size. insert bolts with lock nuts under each leg. You should get adjustable another inch or more of lift to sit square and not roll off. poncho

#8 ·
The shield has a "dent" or scallop to allow the centerstand to go into the "up" position. Without the special shield the centerstand will go up only about 45 degrees.

I'm waiting for someone to actually buy the shield and make sure it works because I want to put my centerstand on all of the time, not just for maintenance.

#79 ·
I bought a center stand and the exhaust shield this winter I have not put it on yet.
To remove the exhaust shield you need to start towards the front of the exhaust and work back, there is one bolt behind the shield in front of the shield you are replacing, that holds the shield on.
Good luck.

#11 ·
bump! I am waiting for some input on taking off the heat shield on the left side for the center stand mod. I found a used stand and exhaust shield both total cost $95, $25 for the stand and $70 for the shield.. Bought all the hardware from the dealer. Didn't wait to be missing and thing or have striped out treads on any of the parts. That was about $38. As far as the stand being to short, once I mount it if this is the case I'll take it back off and weld about 1/2" to 1" pad on it to raise the bike up a bit.

#12 ·
The shields look like they are locked in by the mufflers. There is a real confusing diagram on pages 2-10 & 2-11 of the service manual.

When I installed V&H pipes on my Gold Wing I remember the heat shields came off after I pulled the cans. Since the Gold Wing and Valkyrie are nearly identical I think it might be the same deal. I didn't have a manual at the time so I bet you can just pull the left can off and go from there. (They recommend a new gasket but I reused mine.)

#15 ·
I purchased a new take-off center stand from a Gold Wing from Shawnee Honda (405) 273-1400. They do trike conversions and have the center stands for $50.00 complete with all mounting hardware and spring. $10.00 shipping. I don't plan to leave the stand on. I just install the mounting hardware when I want to put the bike on the center stand then remove it when I'm done. It's tall enough to get the rear tire off the ground by an inch or more. Agree it does not feel as stable as I would like but it's not like it wants to roll off the stand. I can rock the bike front and back without it coming off the stand. But for extra security, if I am going to do any serious work on the bike, like changing tires, I will use a tie-down strap from the stand to the crash bars to ensure the stand can not move backwards.

Installation tip: The short bolt goes on the left side. The long bolt with spacer goes on the right side and that bolt is LEFT hand thread. The bushings go on the inside of the stand with the flat surface against the flat surface on the frame.

#16 · (Edited)
Sorry it took so long to get back. The center stand and exhaust shield are a exact swap. I bought the part using the part numbers for the GW and F6B I got a Used exhaust shield from a tech at Norfolk Honda Va. To swap the shield you have to pull the black plastic from the under belly on the left side. Rear tire is only 1/2" off the ground using the center stand. I might modify it and add another 1/2"

#17 · (Edited)
#76 ·
I have a spring hook that makes it a little safer. I have used a screwdriver in the past but like you said the spring will take off. With my luck it will hit me in the head and then the bike will fall over on me.
probably working on a hot bike and will burn a f6c outline on your hide. when they finally pull it off of you after the smell stops, you can show off your new whole body tattoo. this story works well around a campfire after a few beers, your buds will think you did it on purpose.

#24 ·
No doubt the stand is really handy item but I don't really like the look of exhaust cover with that huge lever. I have an idea/design of making that lever removable. So the stand will stay on bike and when it is time to use it the lever will be re-attached. Now I'm trying to find cheap ~$50 part so I can implement the project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.