Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Centerstand???

67K views 100 replies 45 participants last post by  JackB 
#1 ·
Anyone know if the F6B center stand will fit the Valkyrie?

#74 ·
Center stand would be nice but that notch/dent on the LHS pipe would drive me nuts! :D
Went with a MC specific scissor jack from eBay which is capable of lifting 1100 lbs. It has two small saddles on top of the lifting deck which will be used as the lifting points. On the bike itself, I put in a 10Mx1.25x70mm grade 10.9 bolt for the LHS and the factory bolt (because of the left hand thread) on the RHS where the center stand would be bolted on. Those two bolts will be the lifting points on the bike. Hope to follow up with a report of the actual experience and photos soon....

#95 ·
Old post, but I'll take a stab your still around and will see this. If the foot horn was ground off, how do you get the bike up on the stand? Sounds like much less fuss getting the exhaust covers/shields off. Do you have pictures of the finished product?

#87 ·
I put the shield on tonight. It was not too bad but not that easy. First you have to take the front cowl off. I know what a plain it is to put the cowl back on so I just loosen the 3 bolts on the left side and a push pin so I could push the cowl back a few inches. Next you need to remove the lower side cowl. There is 1 bolt behind the front cowl to be removed (and it was a pain to screw back in maybe I should have taken the cowl off.) Then you remove 2 bolts on the side and then slide it forward a half inch and it's off. The exhaust cover is next one bolt and it's off. Then you reverse everything you just did and you are done.

#89 ·
I love the way center stands make the bike look just upright but is there any real advantage to having one for anything other than rear maintenance? For the time being I'm probably getting my local dealer to do most of that anyway.

#97 · (Edited)
You would have to be VERY close to the bike to do that... I have the corbin bags and couldn't get that snug in, besides on mine the foot horn kind of starts the "lifting" stage... its a 2 part step and kinda roll the bike back a little and pull up and back process to get mine up on the stand....

The key IS making sure both feet are on the ground and yes you will SWEAR the Valk is gonna fall over but it won't

#98 ·
Flat 6 appreciate your reply, good video.
I'm familiar with the use of center stands, just curious about the previous post by HValkrider cutting off the horn on his center stand. I thought that would be quite difficult to operate, although apparently in his post it's not. I was mulling this over as an easy install option as apposed to removing the troublesome exhaust bits required for the center stand install. I will never use it accept for maintenance items, oil changes, wheel cleaning, wheel removal, should prove invaluable and much more stable than jacking.

#100 ·
I found my exhaust shield on ebay for $52 and it was a little tedious to install, but not difficult despite my fairly low skill level. I'm happy that I went to little bit of extra trouble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.