Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum

Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum (https://www.f6cforum.com/forum/)
-   Honda F6C Parts & Accessories (https://www.f6cforum.com/forum/9-honda-f6c-parts-accessories/)
-   -   Seat (https://www.f6cforum.com/forum/9-honda-f6c-parts-accessories/10553-seat.html)

enroute1 07-17-2017 12:40 PM

Seat

Not very thick.
Any body have any experience with how long can a passenger can last on the oem pillion?
How about a Corbin gunfighter? any better?

bscrive 07-17-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enroute1 (Post 61065)
Not very thick.
Any body have any experience with how long can a passenger can last on the oem pillion?

I could only last for 30 min on the driver's seat. The passenger seat is worst. Get a Russell Daylong seat. Best money I have spent on my Valkyrie.

turboyoshi 07-17-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enroute1 (Post 61065)

There is absolutely no way a passenger is better off on the gunfighter than oem seat. The gunfighter was meant for solo riding, the passenger section of that seat is hard, narrow and rounded off. It was never meant to be used as a seat, just to flow with the lines of the bike. If your plan to do 2up riding, buy the touring seat, go custom, or use a company like meancitycycles.com to redo your seat.

enroute1 07-18-2017 01:00 PM

Yeah, thanks. Really wondering if I dare take a rider on a 1-2 hour ride with the stock pillion. That is, without receiving an all out attack on my person!

turboyoshi 07-18-2017 03:47 PM

You may be alright on the stock pillion if it's that short of a ride. I would say try it first, stay close to home but see how she feels after about an hour on it, then decide from there. I hate spending money if I don't need to, the reason I upgraded to the corbin was because I sometimes take long trips to FL or north GA. If my rides weren't more than 2 hours long, I'd never bother with upgrading.

But if you're going 2up, you need the corbin touring seat, not the gunfighter. Sorry. :)

mshippe 07-20-2017 08:16 PM

OEM seat about killed me, I purchased Air Hawk seat cushion and let me tell you I could ride all day now.

stlouis1 11-14-2017 10:03 PM

I took my air hawk off to see if the seat was as bad as people have said. I put the Airhawk on when I picked up the bike at the dealer and have never ridden without it. First it was hard to get used to sitting and inch or more lower, second, the seat is HARD. Airhawk will never again leave its place on the OEM seat. I recommend it to anyone.

headpeon 11-17-2017 01:38 PM

I was using a air hawk until I got a Corbin and on my other bike I use the air hawk and a Corbin. They work good together.

DaveReed 03-05-2018 04:02 PM

I just got a Corbin Tour saddle and the passenger seat is a lot wider.

watertowerman 03-06-2018 04:35 PM

I have an Air Hawk and also a ProPad gel pad. My wife uses one or the other for 1- 2 hr trips over the stock pillion seat.