Yes Seats again - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes Seats again

I researched the threads, facebook group. etc. It looks like the premium seats for dedicated 2-up riding are the RDL and Laam. I had a corbin in the past on and FZ1 that was too hard. Never broke in. Also, I would like to lift the seat up one inch since I am 6-1. Any suggestions appreciated. It would have a passenger backrest, but rider backrest not needed. Thanks. I just got the bike this week. 200 miles on it the first day, amazing machine.

2003 KLR650 19K Miles, 2014 Blue Valk New July '17
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
I'm not up on all the seating options, though I know there aren't too many. Did you know you can aak Corbin to use a softer foam than their standard bricking mortar stuff? You can also have them reshape it to move you forward, back, up or down I think as much as an inch.

Congrats on the new bike!

Ed

"Valar Morghulis."
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, I will check on that. Russell is backlogged 10 weeks for appointments.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
I have a Russell on mine and I wouldn't go with anything else now. I have ridden 12 hr days and my butt doesn't bother me at all. Remember, the date is 10 weeks ahead, but you only need to send it in a couple of weeks before. Or, do what I did. I sent it in during the winter. Meanwhile, get yourself an Airhawk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Russell Seat.jpg (65.5 KB, 96 views)
BigHeart likes this.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

I ended up going to a local shop and got all 3 pieces covered with extra foam, much improved.
STLLOU and Smitty79 like this.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I have a mean city makeover and an ultimate backrest. I can ride for hours but don't like how far back I sit. I have short arms I guess. I'm tracking my new Corbin seat now eta Tuesday. It was built to move me forward an inch. I'll let you know next week what I think. My preference is mustang but they don't make one for our bikes. Hope the Corbin is as firm. I prefer it that way.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
a corbin tech told me when i called is that there "soft option" is the same foam they use on all there seats only LESS of it , just sayin, better call and discuss it
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I sent my Corbin back to have it adjusted 1" forward and 1" up and not only does it suit me better the foam feels quite a bit softer, although I don't mind it hard the way they usually are.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 09:51 PM

This review isnt someone trying to justify money spent. My mean city comfort mod and ultimate backrest weren't cheap they just didn't fit me well. This seat does. I installed my Corbin yesterday. First ride and I'm sold. It actually corrected my complaints with the bike. It was made to move the rider 1" forward. I instantly knew it worked because I no longer reach for the bars. Just that makes it worth the coin. Now I can take risers off my list and that's a plus since I can't get any. It also did raise me up about an inch. I know that's about right because I see over my windshield a little more. Also worth mentioning is I can flat foot at lights. Even though it is taller it's also narrower so the height didn't make flatfooting any different. As mentioned I don't reach for the bars so the effect is a much improved riding position. I use to lean forward into the bars and now I sit more straight up. Another plus is the seat pocket. It keeps me in one spot; I had no idea how much sliding or moving around I did on the modded stock seat. Yes it is harder than my modded seat but it fits like it was molded for me. I went 150 miles in 3 hours and didn't want to go home.
BigHeart likes this.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 11:54 AM

I bought a backrest and learned that Corbin really lack in that area. My seat was made to move me forward an inch. Adding a driver backrest made it an inch behind me. I called them only to be told there is no fore/aft adjustment. How does Corbin survive with such subpar engineering and high prices. I ended up using it as a passenger backrest and I'm not unhappy with it installed there. I went to a local fabrication shop and we talked about modifying a mustang backrest to fit the Corbin seat. They said they can do it if I provide the post and hardware. Guess what I'm working on
BigHeart likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page