Fall Colors - Page 2 - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2020, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
I went for my last ride on the Valkyrie for this year and I ended up at the same place as last week, the tree has lost a few leaves.
I will be riding my F6B till it snows.

Let's Ride
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2020, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

The fall colors are over here is the same tree with a different bike.
The Valkyrie is stored for the winter.
The weather forecast is showing 50-60's next week which is great because Oct was 15 degrees below average for most of the month.

Let's Ride
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2020, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Wow, you lost your leaves early! We still have a ton to fall before they're gone here in Virginia.

People ask me all the time if my bike is "stored for the winter". I never consider it stored for winter. I've been known to ride in sub-zero weather and am more than happy to take the mouthed "YOU ARE F*&KING CRAZY!" looks from people in their cars. If the streets are clear, it's potentially a riding day to me. I used to look over my motorcycle policy which at one time had a winter "sunny day" benefit, just to make sure there was no minimum temperature at which you could ride. These days I'm a bit more sane and likely won't ever ride in below freezing temps, but my bike is always a possible ride no matter what the time of year. You're lucky to have both a Valk and an F6B!

Thanks for the pic!

Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2020, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder View Post
Wow, you lost your leaves early! We still have a ton to fall before they're gone here in Virginia.

People ask me all the time if my bike is "stored for the winter". I never consider it stored for winter. I've been known to ride in sub-zero weather and am more than happy to take the mouthed "YOU ARE F*&KING CRAZY!" looks from people in their cars. If the streets are clear, it's potentially a riding day to me. I used to look over my motorcycle policy which at one time had a winter "sunny day" benefit, just to make sure there was no minimum temperature at which you could ride. These days I'm a bit more sane and likely won't ever ride in below freezing temps, but my bike is always a possible ride no matter what the time of year. You're lucky tohave both a Valk and an F6B!

Thanks for the pic!

Richmonder
We get too much snow to kept to the bike ready to go. Too much salt on the streets and it's cold.
When I worked I would ride my bike to work in cold weather but 25 degrees was my cut off temperature it was a 10 mile ride my legs would be cold for about an hour.

Let's Ride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page