Bluetooth MP3 players and speakers - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 6Likes

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Question Bluetooth MP3 players and speakers

Guys. I want to put some speakers and a bluetooth player on my bike. What do you recommend? I do not want to use my phone as the player via bluetooth. I want a separate way to play the music. Any good thoughts or ideas?

Current:

2014 Honda F6C Valkyrie

Past:
1996 Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
As an owner of both the Valkyrie and the Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe, I miss the bluetooth stereo of the CTX on my Valkyrie. But I have so many gadgets I want to put on the bars, I don't know where I'd put speakers. I use my phone as the source with all my 2500 mp3's on it. I've seen a lot of different bluetooth setups. But I'm not sure how to proceed myself. I don't want it to be garish or obvious. Would be nice to place speakers very unobtrusively. But I will say you're going to need some amplification, and therein lies the hard part of finding a place for that unless it's built in to the speakers.

This is kind of a low item on my list, if I ever do do anything. I'll be curious to hear what you end up doing. Incidentally, thanks for your posts. It's nice to have some frequent new content.

Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbugntx View Post
Guys. I want to put some speakers and a bluetooth player on my bike. What do you recommend? I do not want to use my phone as the player via bluetooth. I want a separate way to play the music. Any good thoughts or ideas?

My recommendation is to NOT waste your time and money putting speakers on a motorcycle as it is going to sound like crap not matter how good the speakers and system is. Get a good set of helmet speakers and you will be in total bliss at how good it sounds. That's what I did for the Valkyrie. I use my phone for music, nav, and phone. The phone connects to the bike via Bluetooth and the bike connects to the helmet via wire. I do it this way because I also have amateur radio too. You can just do phone to helmet via Bluetooth. I know you don't want to use the phone, but don't discount the idea. I also have the 2018 Tour DCT Goldwing and the speakers absolutely suck on it. Get a Cardo Packtalk Bold.
Hot Rod likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I had 4 speakers on the bike and a 1,000W Bluetooth Amplifier. Most of my rides were at highway speeds and the sound is so distorted that I never use them. I finally removed everything from the bike. You would not enjoy it, unless you ride on small roads at low speeds, and still... I would follow Crabballs' recommendation.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbugntx View Post

My recommendation is to NOT waste your time and money putting speakers on a motorcycle as it is going to sound like crap not matter how good the speakers and system is. Get a good set of helmet speakers and you will be in total bliss at how good it sounds. That's what I did for the Valkyrie. I use my phone for music, nav, and phone. The phone connects to the bike via Bluetooth and the bike connects to the helmet via wire. I do it this way because I also have amateur radio too. You can just do phone to helmet via Bluetooth. I know you don't want to use the phone, but don't discount the idea. I also have the 2018 Tour DCT Goldwing and the speakers absolutely suck on it. Get a Cardo Packtalk Bold.
Hot Rod likes this.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonichi87 View Post
I had 4 speakers on the bike and a 1,000W Bluetooth Amplifier. Most of my rides were at highway speeds and the sound is so distorted that I never use them. I finally removed everything from the bike. You would not enjoy it, unless you ride on small roads at low speeds, and still... I would follow Crabballs' recommendation.

Honda makes an upgraded amp/speaker package for the new wing and that's $1,000 not including labor. I love my setup on both bikes. Sounds awesome.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Yeah I got the new SENA 50R with the HD speakers in my full face Arai and its one of the best setups I’ve ever had really good sound up to 80 Mph (never gone faster since I bought them) it has a FM tuner built in with it too, on my Harley baggers the speakers were garbage over 50mph and that’s with no helmet, plus these give you like 13 hours battery life and you can use your phone and do “hey Siri” for directions and what not.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
I'll agree with these guys..... Speakers & amp is for people in parking lots & red lights to hear your music ,that don't want to ......... ;( ....
Crabballs likes this.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
To each his own. I happen to be a music NUT and I like to listen to music everywhere. Helmet speakers are not my thing because they isolate all other sounds, and that makes for dangerous riding. So when I'm at a stop or somewhere I can listen, I like to listen. And I don't annoy people around me by blasting it. Just loud enough that "I" can enjoy it.

Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder View Post
To each his own. I happen to be a music NUT and I like to listen to music everywhere. Helmet speakers are not my thing because they isolate all other sounds, and that makes for dangerous riding. So when I'm at a stop or somewhere I can listen, I like to listen. And I don't annoy people around me by blasting it. Just loud enough that "I" can enjoy it.

Richmonder

You haven't yet experienced what a great set of helmet speakers can do. Don't knock it till you try it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page