Bluetooth MP3 players and speakers - Page 3 - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 6Likes

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2020, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Very cool setup. You're braver than I taking on that project. I think you were smart to put some wrap around the amp to isolate it from vibration, but hope it doesn't melt the foam, as they do get hot. Nice job!

Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2020, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Yes, I did think about that while I was doing the install. I figured I would keep an eye on that and see what happens. If it looks like it melts or wants to melt I will find another substitute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder View Post
Very cool setup. You're braver than I taking on that project. I think you were smart to put some wrap around the amp to isolate it from vibration, but hope it doesn't melt the foam, as they do get hot. Nice job!

Richmonder

Current:

2014 Honda F6C Valkyrie

Past:
1996 Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbugntx View Post
I ended up going with the Boss MCBK420B Bluetooth Speaker and Amplifier System. I spoke to some friends who have them installed and love them. So far, I am liking them. Now I did not install these with the intent of hearing them at speeds over 70 mph on the highway. My outside world is shut enough since I never ride without a helmet, so I opted for this instead of in helmet ones. Just personal preference for me. The amp is tucked away neatly inside the fuse box area under the seat. There is a smaller opening in the fuse box area above the tool compartment which I believe is for storing the owners manual. I had to take the tank bolts out and lift the tank slightly to get the amp to drop in. I then used a sheet of the packing foam that came wrapped around the amp to keep it from bouncing around. I plugged the fuse assembly which came with the system into the accessory plug located under the main seat for power on/off. This gives me 12 volts when the key is turned to the on position and also gives me 12 volts when the key is set to the accessory position. I did not have to splice into any wiring or use a relay or an ugly toggle switch. Here are a few pics of the setup. I did not take any under the seat. I will have to remove the seat and take those later. I would recommend them to anyone else looking for a handlebar setup with Bluetooth. The system also has a line in that you can plug a mic jack into and run sound from an iPod or an MP3 player. I had a 4 foot aux line that I ran underneath the tank and up to the handlebars so I can attach my iPod if I choose to.

Pros:
1. Relatively easy to install.
2. Waterproof
3. Plenty loud enough for me.
4. I like the satin black rubberized finish.

Cons:
1. I am not fond of the handlebar clamps. The design fits more like an oblong circle than a C-Clamp. (I may swap this out to something better at some point).
2. The included rubber for the handle bars came in two sizes. Small is what fit and it was just barely big enough. The large was way too big for these bars. (Of course I know they are catering to a one size fits all type thing).
3. The manual was 2 pages and very simplistic. It did show you how to wire it properly with a relay if you chose to. (I wired in the whole thing without even using the manual).

Nice! I'm not sure you'll be able to hear that at highway speed, even with a windshield. Too much road noise here with the big trucks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page