3Likes

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMoe View Post
...There was a guy producing higher gear ratio rear ends. send him your final and he send higher ratio final. he should have plenty of old gears. search you tube
Here the info you're referring to that I pulled together from multiple sources:

As of last month, the price went up to $1265 plus shipping with $150 refund when you return the old drive, Henry pays return postage.

Final Drive Gear – Henry Park - [email protected]
“The gear set is made from 8620 Steel.
The Gear set is then Heat Treated. (For Strength/longevity.)
https://henrysfinaldrive.com/ He was sold out Sept 2020, more stock expected Oct 15th on the web page after getting a multipage article in WingWorld Sept 2020 requires GWRRA membership) first 2 pages:
https://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=7&t=60064

8620 Steel is the very same Steel used in the Drive Ring & Pinion that Honda uses,!! Henry has been in the Automotive & Off Road Ring & Pinion Business for over 20 years.

He also runs a very successful US Military Heavy equipment parts business.

He has been working on this Modified Drive for just over 4 years now.
He's taken the time to make a proven Drive.
By testing it himself in his own bike, and with the help of a few other Beta testers.
Not one has had any issues! One very positive report from Steve K in Edgewater, FL with 4800 miles so far. 12/12 guarantee

Also requires recalibration of the speedometer.

2nd owner of 2014 Valkyrie

Previous Bikes:
’66 Benelli (Montgomery Wards) 125 cc Riverside
’74 Yamaha Enduro DT360
’74 Honda CB450
’76 Kawasaki KH500
’77 Yamaha RD400
’80 Kawasaki KX250
’71 Honda CB750K1
’82 Yamaha Virago XV750
'95 Honda Magna VF750CD
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
That is a very interesting setup. If it works as it says, might be worth swapping out for him if his drive is going out.

Current:

2014 Honda F6C Valkyrie

Past:
1996 Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
The drive may very well last 200000 miles as is. Honda puts moly on the new gears. They will mesh,wear in during break in. I honestly think this is normal......Besides the drive being a little low (common) as has been found on most of these bikes. This may very well be a case of worrying over nothing.Another post is floating somewhere on here that is basically the same. Had another member get defensive over my post. The first change will look rough even though Honda says leave it in there for a good while ....... JMHO ....

Here is another post I found pretty quick : https://www.f6cforum.com/forum/129-h...be-change.html

Last edited by Hot Rod; 09-16-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

I have read all of this information. I appreciate all of it. The higher gear ratio sounds interesting . I have always thought that the RPMs were too high. I hope that I am worrying about nothing and it will last several hundred thousand miles. I am going to take a 3,000 mile trip loaded and 2 up shortly. That should let me know. Thanks again for your comments.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Just an update on the status of my final drive. I have taken two rides now, the first 2000 miles loaded and two up. The second 2,500 miles loaded but just one person. I have drained the fluid after each trip and have found no new debris. I sure feel a lot better about it now. Looks like I was worried about nothing. Don't I look the silly one? I will keep an eye on it and let you know if anything changes.
Hot Rod and Smitty79 like this.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2020, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Morrell View Post
Just an update on the status of my final drive. I have taken two rides now, the first 2000 miles loaded and two up. The second 2,500 miles loaded but just one person. I have drained the fluid after each trip and have found no new debris. I sure feel a lot better about it now. Looks like I was worried about nothing. Don't I look the silly one? I will keep an eye on it and let you know if anything changes.

Glad it worked out for you. Nothing wrong with being overprotective of your baby!!!
Hot Rod likes this.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2020, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Morrell View Post
So what did you end up going with, just changing out the fluid and trying it out, or a used drive, or the Henry Park higher gear ratio option?

2nd owner of 2014 Valkyrie

Previous Bikes:
’66 Benelli (Montgomery Wards) 125 cc Riverside
’74 Yamaha Enduro DT360
’74 Honda CB450
’76 Kawasaki KH500
’77 Yamaha RD400
’80 Kawasaki KX250
’71 Honda CB750K1
’82 Yamaha Virago XV750
'95 Honda Magna VF750CD
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2020, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

I have just changed it out for now. I am going to keep an eye on it and check it occasionally. Let higher gear ratio sounds good but I think I will wait for now and see how mine does.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page