Still finding new delights about this bike - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2020, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Still finding new delights about this bike

I've had mine a couple of years now and still continue to plumb it's depths. What an incredibly awesome motorcycle. I think it's fair to say it's pretty much NOTHING like what you assume it's going to be. Hence why they didn't sell - people never got past first base with them. This thing is just 100% class. If you're a forum lurker and unsure about pulling the trigger, just freakin' get one. They really are that good.

Last edited by Geepers; 09-05-2020 at 07:20 PM.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2020, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
100% agree! Love it more every day.

Brock On
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I get enjoyment just looking at this bike. Ive watched every YouTube video out there for both production years. Hopping on it and hitting that starter button gives me a great thrill every single time, and cruising down the road on it just fewls like a dream.

Everywhere I go, people are looking at it and doing double takes. Last night I was getting on it outside a restaurant, and a guy came out and spoke to me and said "Nice bike!". I get compliments all the time.

Love this bike!!!

Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Every time i twist the throttle I get a rush. That instantaneous stump pulling torque says grab your ass and hold on tight!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
You mean, like... THIS?

Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Not sure, bike is nice looking and powerful but still has a few things that could improve quite a lot. If I was looking for a bike today, I would probably go with a gold wing bagger.

Cons on the bike:
1. 5 gears only, at 75 mph the engine is reving too high for my taste. Should have had a 6th gear.

2. Transmission is clunky as ****, I changed oil to full synthetic Lucas oil and it helped a lot but the factory oil is just bad.

3. Tire selection blows, also to some extent accessories. Don’t even mention The cost!

4. Most are nonABS. Bike should have been ABS by default, even more for the initial asking price.

I think there are better options out there for the money, decent bike but not the best.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter19403 View Post
Not sure, bike is nice looking and powerful but still has a few things that could improve quite a lot. If I was looking for a bike today, I would probably go with a gold wing bagger.

Cons on the bike:
1. 5 gears only, at 75 mph the engine is reving too high for my taste. Should have had a 6th gear.

2. Transmission is clunky as ****, I changed oil to full synthetic Lucas oil and it helped a lot but the factory oil is just bad.

3. Tire selection blows, also to some extent accessories. Donít even mention The cost!

4. Most are nonABS. Bike should have been ABS by default, even more for the initial asking price.

I think there are better options out there for the money, decent bike but not the best.

I agree that a 6th gear would be nice. Other than that you have to put things into perspective. The bike was designed to be a stripped down Goldwing without all the creature comforts, that I really like. And I ended up custom building all the accessories I need. And lets not forget this bike handles and feels so much lighter than it really is. I had a stripped down Goldwing 1100 in the early 80s and that thing was a blast! That's why I bought my Valk at first sight and it sure as **** hasn't disappointed. The reality is you are not going to get everything you want in one bike, that's why you buy two or more!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
I used to think the transmission was clunky too - until I learned how to change properly. It’s smooth as silk now. Funny that.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Yeah, I absolutely love this bike! A six speed trans would be nice but I'm very content with it as a whole. I mean we all make changes to bikes once we get them and do what we like to them. I've never had a bike I didn't modify or make changes to in one way or another. This bike has required the least amount of "tweaking" of anything I've owned. Enjoying it more and more each day!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
I am still giggling over 2 years later that i got this much bike brand new for $7999 literally wish i had bought 2 of them especially since Jr is eyeing this one pretty heavily

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page