Best resources for finding/purchasing a Valkyrie? - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Best resources for finding/purchasing a Valkyrie?

Hey all! New member here, have been lurking for a while and I am ready to saddle up on an f6c. I am looking for a Blue Valkyrie and have had next to zero luck finding anything on the used market, with the exception of 12hr craigslist hauls if it comes to that. Do people find their deals in other forums? Endlessly spamming dealer websites till one comes up? Sleepless nights checking craigslist? I am in Dayton Ohio if that helps with any suggestions!

I have done most of the research on upgrades I want. Basically pipes, highway pegs, and a new seat (6'3"). I never thought finding accessories would be easier than getting the actual bike
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Good Luck! I had to drive from central MS to Biloxi, Ms to get mine.

These bikes built in 2014 are at times hard to find.
chuF6C likes this.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
There are a couple blue ones for sale on cycletrader.com, including one brand new one for full price. When I decided to get mine, I wanted black (fastest color, LOL), and there were about 8 in the whole country at the time with mileage at decent levels. I bit the bullet and bought one 1,000 miles away, and contracted to have it delivered by haulbikes.com. Cost me $700 and a few weeks of torturous waiting, but was worth it. Haulbikes is a very professional company. They respond quickly, they insure the bike in transit, they secure the bike with special tiedowns that won't damage the finish, it's enclosed the whole way in a semi trailer, and their drivers are all bike riders themselves, so they "get it" and know what they're doing.

Good luck!

Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
2 years ago the dealers had new leftovers in all colors for less than $10,000 some less than $9000
I'm glad I bought mine then

Let's Ride
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder View Post
There are a couple blue ones for sale on cycletrader.com, including one brand new one for full price. When I decided to get mine, I wanted black (fastest color, LOL), and there were about 8 in the whole country at the time with mileage at decent levels. I bit the bullet and bought one 1,000 miles away, and contracted to have it delivered by haulbikes.com.
Would you say a standard GL1800 is a comparable "feel" to take for a spin locally, if I were to go this route I would be quite nervous about it just not feeling "right", yanno?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I'm not sure what you mean about a "Standard" GL 1800. Do you mean a full dress Gold Wing? At any rate, the engine is the engine, and it will perform just like the one on the regular Valkyrie you're looking at. The feel of a full dress machine may be less agile than this one due to the extra weight and higher center of gravity, so think "Standard plus a little bit" for this one in terms of punch and agility.

But as others advised me, this machine will pull your arms right out of the sockets, and it has a short clutch release before it engages. And the minute it does, it is ready to GO. Let the clutch out very slowly until you get used to it, and go easy on the throttle.

Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Seriously this might be your last and best chance to get a super low mileage blue Valk this just popped up here in the St Louis area use marketplace search Valkyrie area code 62024 and 50 mile radius and it should pop up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0051.jpg (93.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0055.jpg (121.5 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Flat Six; 07-28-2020 at 01:10 PM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 01:13 PM

Dayton OH is a nice little 6 Hour ride from here... shoot pay for a rental car back and I’ll ride it to ya LOL, seriously I don’t know the dude I just am always looking at the Valks on marketplace And here’s the deal odds are this dude got this at Big St Charles Motorsports back in 2018 when I got mine, they were selling brand new for $7999 for the 2014’s so you can use that in your negotiating

Last edited by Flat Six; 07-28-2020 at 01:18 PM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuF6C View Post
Would you say a standard GL1800 is a comparable "feel" to take for a spin locally, if I were to go this route I would be quite nervous about it just not feeling "right", yanno?
I would guess an F6B would be closer to a Valk than the full blown dresser but the bars are different and the Valk is only 750 lbs a full blown 2012-2017 Wing is over 900 lbs
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Six View Post
Seriously this might be your last and best chance to get a super low mileage blue Valk this just popped up here in the St Louis area use marketplace search Valkyrie area code 62024 and 50 mile radius and it should pop up
There is one in PA and one in northern Michigan I have considered going to look at. Ride it on over haha! I am on my way right now to a dealer in my general area who just got a black one in stock so I can sit/ride one before contacting people so far away I dont want to waist their time!

More I look at the black ones the more I am liking them... I am afraid of getting tired of the flashy blue to be honest.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page