This modification is going to get expensive. - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Geepers

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
This modification is going to get expensive.

I got 2" ROC risers to get the bars back and up a bit, and with my increasing stenosis in my upper back, it is starting to "not work anymore". I really need the bars back at least 3 more inches. A lot of this is brought on by my custom Corbin Gunfighter seat, which moves me back and up quite a bit for more leg room. But now I am bent over reaching for the bars with fully outstreached arms. Cables, custom lines and such is priced at $400 and I am waiting for the labor quote. $120 in lines/fluid for clutch and front brake, $106 throttle cables, $115 for 5" risers and misc electronic stuff for electrical wire extension.

I can probably do the labor myself, but I am almost sure it will be more than plug and play with plenty of frustration thrown in.

Anybody else do this?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

After getting a quote of $1133.89 on labor, it seems like I have a decision to make.

Do it myself or not at all. Hummmmm
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
After getting a quote of $1133.89 on labor, it seems like I have a decision to make.

Do it myself or not at all. Hummmmm
Yikes!!! You could buy 2 gunfighters at that price, I’d have Corbin “scoot” you back up or have custom pulled back bars made, I was fingers crossed big time when I ordered my Corbin Dual Tour thankfully it seems to have worked for me!!! I was going to do a Russell Day Long But after watching vids and seeing how that set up seems to pull you away from the bars I went Corbin knowing there was gonna be a massive bar mod coming

There a couple of threads on Valkyrieforums of bar mods I would think any chopper shop could bend you a bar

Last edited by Flat Six; 07-01-2020 at 10:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

I also have a stock Corbin Tour that came with the bike. It solves the reach problem, but leaves me cramped in the hips and leg area and is hard as a rock. Keep in mind I also have peg lowers that help a lot, but reduce the lean angle a lot.

The issue is the labor cost. I also keep looking and it seems just re-routing lines would solve just about everything except the front brake line. Throttle cables and clutch line can be moved around, but it still looks like I would have to splice ALL of the electrical wires in addition to ordering a custom brake line from Barnetts.

Looking more and more like I am just going to keep it stock and live with what it is.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Quote:
Looking more and more like I am just going to keep it stock and live with what it is.
Yup. Cheaper and easier to change your body - ie get leaner, more flexible etc. Best investment you'll ever make. And before the flaming starts, yes I know some people have pre-existing conditions they can't fix....clearly I'm not talking about them. The rest of us though are lard-asses that need to get our act together if we're to enjoy a long career on this magnificent bike that's designed to be ridden like a racehorse rather than a couch (and yes, I'm talking about myself here too).
Crabballs likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Changes in my weight will not fix what 40 years of hard manual labor has wrecked. The discs in my upper and lower back have shrunk and the clearance in the vertebrae for the nerves are reduced. Limited movement and reduced reach is just a byproduct of getting old. Just a few years ago 1500 mile 3 day weekend rides were my vacations. Now my limbs go numb after an hour. If you donít know what I am talking about, keep your bike and wait.

Getting old ainít for girly men.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Quote:
Changes in my weight will not fix what 40 years of hard manual labor has wrecked. The discs in my upper and lower back have shrunk and the clearance in the vertebrae for the nerves are reduced. Limited movement and reduced reach is just a byproduct of getting old. Just a few years ago 1500 mile 3 day weekend rides were my vacations. Now my limbs go numb after an hour. If you donít know what I am talking about, keep your bike and wait.

Getting old ainít for girly men.
As I said, I wasn't talking about people in your situation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page