Sold the Valkryie - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Sold the Valkryie

So after 1 year I decided the F6C was not for me. Sure the motor was decent, but a 5 speed transmission; a floppy handling front end; an uncomfortable seat and riding position along with no real aftermarket support, made this a bitch if a bike to live with.

Even after adding locking hard bags, windshield, and a corbin seat this thing just wasn't for me.

That said, I have an original seat and backrest if anyone wants it. Make me an offer....
shrubbo likes this.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfpc View Post
Even after adding locking hard bags, windshield, and a corbin seat this thing just wasn't for me....
You should have said "especially after adding ...."

You started off expecting the bike to be a cruiser (it isn't) and then went even further by trying to make it a touring cruiser. It's a roadster, pure and simple. The riding position, the 5 speed transmission, the hard seat, the lack of bags/screen... roadster. I treat mine as a town bike with occasional day runs to the country. If I decide I really want to do a lot of long distance riding I'll get me a Goldwing.... you know, the bike Honda actually designed for that purpose Hope your next purchase works better for you
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
So after 1 year I decided the F6C was not for me.

Sorry to hear that! You should have had that figured out before it left the showroom floor. But the real question is how many miles on the clock before the final conclusion? I'm not knocking you as I believe if you're not happy with a bike pass it on to someone that will be. I must say I'm very happy with mine even though I still have the stock seat. I added the factory windshield and built a custom luggage rack to accommodate a Givi V47 case. Even added audio and bluetooth built into the bike to accommodate navigation, phone, music, and amateur radio. Bike feels really light and well balanced and great on long trips. It's simply just a lot of fun. A definite keeper for me even though I recently bought a new Goldwing Tour DCT. Did I tell you that I love my Valk?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I didn't expect it to be a cruiser. I expected it to be a comfortable bike. I don't particularly like cruisers and all my bikes to this point have been sport tourers. I tried to make this bike a liveable daily rider for commuting and occasional day trips.

The handling of that front tire was horrendous. And I discounted the 5 speed transmission....which the motor does a good job of compensating. (Even the new goldwing has 6 gears now)

I found that I would have to keep making adjustments to tey to get it more comfortable for me....slightly longer bars, the different seat, etc just to make it bearable.

Honda did a good job with the motor, and I liked the styling. But IMHO they dropped the ball with that 17 inch front wheel and 5 speed transmission. I'm not alone in this view as evidenced by the 2 year model run.

For now I am stuck on 4 wheels but will probably pick up a used sport tourer in the future.....enjoy your bikes.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabballs View Post
...I recently bought a new Goldwing Tour DCT.
What do you call a man with a Goldwing Tour AND a Valkyrie?

"MASTER"!!!!!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 11:46 PM

Quote:
The handling of that front tire was horrendous...
I think I posted somewhere else that the only thing I found a bit odd on this bike is that the steering seemed a little light for such a heavy bike. I guess that's what you're alluding to. I must admit I don't think about it now. Must have normalised it - until I get a new front tyre again when I'll probably start whinging again

Last edited by Geepers; 11-29-2019 at 11:48 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Bugger it didn't work out for you but each to their own. Honestly about the only thing I agree with you is the seat (wtf!!!) and the crappy aftermarket (and yet I still made mine... err mine) but if it isn't for you then I hope you find what is soon. For me, it is everything from a cruiser to a dirt road blaster. But that's me. Good luck in your search mate, it is worth it when you find it.

For me, if I could afford another... it would be a spare. I found mine
Hot Rod likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 10:20 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
To each their own, but I doubt that the perfect bike is out there. That is why I made mine fit me. Sure, it took time and money to get it the way I wanted it, but now it will last me for many many years to come. Jumping around from bike to bike to find the perfect bike is an effort in futility.
As for touring, I have used it for weeklong trips many times and it is a nice comfortable bike for 12 hour days in the saddle. The bike handles great in the twisties and straight line. I don't know of any bike that is a better all round bike.
I hope you find what you are looking for.
shrubbo, Crabballs and Hot Rod like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
As for the seat, I've actually found Honda stock saddles to be pretty comfy.
Yes...they are awfully plain looking...maybe somewhat ugly.

And I suspect they may feel too soft for a large person with more body mass than somebody my size?
I'm 6' 2" tall and only around 183 pounds.
Not much padding there :-).
Corbins are much prettier.
However, every Corbin I've ever sat on feels too hard to my backside.
So I have always kept the stock saddles on every one of the Hondas I have owned.

As for your comment about the Valkyrie's 5-speed transmission - unless the bike is cruising at higher velocity then the speed limit on the majority of Interstate highways, you're not going to be running in 6th gear anyway.
I think the consensus is that a motorcycle engine such as a Honda Valkyrie's runs best at around 3,000 rpm, no?
Lugging one's engine on a regular basis is harmful, no?

Well, cruising on the Interstate at 70 mph generates just a hair south of 3,000 rpm on my tachometer.

The Victory Gunner motorcycle I owned before getting into Gold Wings (I have an F6B, too) had a 6th gear.
The tach on the Vic only read around 2500 rpm at 70 in 6th.

And...the only time I shifted into 6th on that bike was when pushing the speed limit on an Interstate, which was rarely.
My motto pertaining to motorcycling has always been that there's enough friggin mayhem out there without inflicting any more on myself by doing 80 like the rest of the sports.

Yours truly,
HondaBilly

2016 F6B
2014 Valkyrie
past owner of:
2007 Honda Shadow 600 VLX DeLuxe
2007 Honda VTX 1300
2007 Honda VTX 1800 F3
2015 Harley Davidson Sportster Iron 883
2015 Victory Gunner
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Sorry, it didn't work out for you.

with so many options to chose from I'm sure you will find something that works for you.

I agree with the seat, I had mine done over. I have bags and a windshield and a few creature comforts.

I don't long for sixth gear after going to a 190 taller rear tire. I have everything I need now.
if I had the doe right now I might be silly enough to do the freedom performance exhaust.

Anyway, good luck and nice having you here for a bit!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List