Action camera mount? - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
dya

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Action camera mount?

I bought an Akaso off Amazon a while back. It came with the huge variety of mounting gear, but I haven't managed to get it to fit properly on the handlebars with the clutch/brake cables in the way. Anyone have any luck with kits they can recommend?
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Best place for smoothness is on your helmet. That being said I am using a Ram mount on my bars to hold a phone but the ball mount can be found for most cameras and I love Ram mount, those ball joins don't move.

Put Ram Mount into ebay and you should see what I am talking about.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
dya

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubbo View Post
Best place for smoothness is on your helmet. That being said I am using a Ram mount on my bars to hold a phone but the ball mount can be found for most cameras and I love Ram mount, those ball joins don't move.

Put Ram Mount into ebay and you should see what I am talking about.
Thanks, will check that out. I'm wary about helmet mounts because they rely on adhesive and I'm not super confident in that with winds at 110km/h with no wind screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Ok it is clear you are not up with modern adhesives so I shall bring you knowledge

Clean helmet area with a bit of metho to make sure no contaminates are left. Push the base of the mount with the 3m adhesives onto your helmet and hold it with some pressure for a minute. If possible leave for a while (Generally I do it overnight) BUT.... it should be noted I have done one or two without leaving it sit for a while and those buggers are still attached.

Note: 3m is on every single go-pro mount and but I am not so sure with the knock offs. However... the knockoffs from ebay work just fine and have been doing just that for years because they are reasonably prices and lets face it, most likely the same thing made by the "third shift".

I will tell you right now with experience and 100% certainty that 110kph wind will not take them off. Nor will 300. In fact here is a tip for you. If you don't like where the mount is on your helmet grab the base and twist it and you can remove the thing with no damage. You can't just pull it off but they can't handle a lot of torque which is good else they would suck to try and remove.

Doing the above I have never once had a camera mount even look like the adhesive is letting go.

For context I do this all the time.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnm...TGTAYVrvd2kOwg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page