Where does everyone ride/live? - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Where does everyone ride/live?

Looking to see if there are any other Valkyries in my neck of the woods here in the USA. Is anyone from Wisconsin/U.P. of Michigan?
HValkrider is online now  
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 02:40 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Durham NC. Would love to find some other Valk drivers nearby!
captain is online now  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry, HValkrider - I grew up in the midwest (Ohio) but I'm in central Massachusetts now.
I've run across one 1500 (Connecticut) and one 1800 (New Hampshire) Valk since early 2018 when I bought mine but that's it!
When I bought it there were only three in all of New England for sale - New York, Maryland, and New Hampshire.
The Goldwing Wing Ding is in Nashville next August, I'm considering making that trip.
(InZane is a bit further than I'm likely to travel to)
I checked MeetUp but didn't see anything Valkyrie specific within 100 miles of Milwaukee.
I'm following one of the Facebook Valk groups, maybe that's another way to reach riders in your area?
bparish is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 09:31 AM
Senior Member
 
JackB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Two Rivers wis
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Im from Wisconsin I live in Two Rivers along Lake Michigan 35 miles south of Green Bay.
Where are you?
Last year there were a lot of leftover Valkyrie's for sale in Wis so they are out there.

Let's Ride
JackB is online now  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bparish View Post
Sorry, HValkrider - I grew up in the midwest (Ohio) but I'm in central Massachusetts now.
I've run across one 1500 (Connecticut) and one 1800 (New Hampshire) Valk since early 2018 when I bought mine but that's it!
When I bought it there were only three in all of New England for sale - New York, Maryland, and New Hampshire.
The Goldwing Wing Ding is in Nashville next August, I'm considering making that trip.
(InZane is a bit further than I'm likely to travel to)
I checked MeetUp but didn't see anything Valkyrie specific within 100 miles of Milwaukee.
I'm following one of the Facebook Valk groups, maybe that's another way to reach riders in your area?
Thanks for sharing the Goldwing Wing Ding, I haven't heard of that before! That's exciting because I've been wanting to ride the roads in the area of "The Tail of the Dragon" ever since I bought my Valkyrie. I will be attending that, one of these years for sure! What Facebook group are you following?
HValkrider is online now  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
Im from Wisconsin I live in Two Rivers along Lake Michigan 35 miles south of Green Bay.
Where are you?
Last year there were a lot of leftover Valkyrie's for sale in Wis so they are out there.
Nice! I live in Escanaba, MI. Myself & two of my colleagues (from the Fond Du Lac, WI area) actually have a ride planned on September 28th and I'm meeting them in Fond Du Lac. If you would like to join us for a days ride pm me for more details!
HValkrider is online now  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Member
 
Ozman_15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain View Post
Durham NC. Would love to find some other Valk drivers nearby!
Elkin NC about 2 hours west of you
captain likes this.
Ozman_15 is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Senior Member
 
JackB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Two Rivers wis
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HValkrider View Post
Nice! I live in Escanaba, MI. Myself & two of my colleagues (from the Fond Du Lac, WI area) actually have a ride planned on September 28th and I'm meeting them in Fond Du Lac. If you would like to join us for a days ride pm me for more details!
I'll let you know, next Sunday we are going to South Dakota for a week of riding. (Sept 15-22).
A group of 1500cc Valkyrie's are going to Copper Harbor Michigan that weekend also.

Let's Ride
JackB is online now  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HValkrider View Post
Thanks for sharing the Goldwing Wing Ding, I haven't heard of that before! That's exciting because I've been wanting to ride the roads in the area of "The Tail of the Dragon" ever since I bought my Valkyrie. I will be attending that, one of these years for sure! What Facebook group are you following?
Yes! That's what we were thinking too - hitting Tail of the Dragon, Smoky mountains, Blue Ridge, etc.

Facebook group is just called "Honda 1800 Valkyrie"
bparish is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bparish View Post

Yes! That's what we were thinking too - hitting Tail of the Dragon, Smoky mountains, Blue Ridge, etc.

Facebook group is just called "Honda 1800 Valkyrie"
That would definitely make the long trip more worthwhile! Thanks, I joined the Facebook group 👍
HValkrider is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome