4Likes
  • 3 Post By Geepers
  • 1 Post By Jambriwal

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
The Great Paradox

The 2014/15 Honda Valkyrie may be the most universally acclaimed motorcycle never to have sold. I continue to scour the internet for reviews and haven't found ANY negative ones. In fact, I can't even find a negative comment within a review. About the only thing that came close was one reviewer who said "it's fast, but not hair-on-fire fast". I reckon this is extraordinary. Show me another bike that has received this level of acclaim. I can only assume that one day the market will wake up and this bike will become a sought after classic. The big, powerful behemoth that actually rides like child's play. One review that does stick in my mind was the older guy who drew a crowd of admirers at a cafe. He concluded by saying "they're all oohing and ahhing that a little old man can handle such a beast. If only they knew. But then again, I'm quite happy for them to think that!" Hang on to your Valkyrie guys. It's a modern masterpiece.
Thebrain, Smitty79 and Valkkiwi like this.

Last edited by Geepers; 09-04-2019 at 07:51 PM.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geepers View Post
The 2014/15 Honda Valkyrie may be the most universally acclaimed motorcycle never to have sold. I continue to scour the internet for reviews and haven't found ANY negative ones. In fact, I can't even find a negative comment within a review. About the only thing that came close was one reviewer who said "it's fast, but not hair-on-fire fast". I reckon this is extraordinary. Show me another bike that has received this level of acclaim. I can only assume that one day the market will wake up and this bike will become a sought after classic. The big, powerful behemoth that actually rides like child's play. One review that does stick in my mind was the older guy who drew a crowd of admirers at a cafe. He concluded by saying "they're all oohing and ahhing that a little old man can handle such a beast. If only they knew. But then again, I'm quite happy for them to think that!" Hang on to your Valkyrie guys. It's a modern masterpiece.

And that's why I'm not selling mine!!!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Quote:
And that's why I'm not selling mine!!!!
And why I am getting mine repaired rather than junking it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
The problem with the new Valkyrie is the owners of the original did not like the looks of the bike.
I didn't like it at first but now I think it looks great it just took a few years.
I had many people that love the looks others not so much.
But a lot of H.D. guys love it which surprised me.
Plus the price was too high high.

Let's Ride

Last edited by JackB; 09-05-2019 at 11:42 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
I didn't like it at first but now I think it looks great it just took a few years.
I still don't like the look of it but all is forgiven because the ride is so superb. Besides, you can't see your bike when you're riding it so what the he11.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 02:02 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
I never found a bad review either when I was looking into the Valkyrie. I can't say I was impressed with the back end of the thing (previously interested in bikes with 240's) and overall the look was weird but shifting into second and thinking "Cadillac" had it sold for me right there. How much a couple of "tradition motorcycle" people hated it because it was "too Buck Rogers" when I was looking at it didn't hurt the sales prospects of my bike either. Yes that's right Mr Salesman, they're not interested but lets talk.

Since that time I have added bits and pieces here and there and absolutely love the look of the bike and the "wtf look" from people. I am also not sad that they were not big sellers. Not sad at all.

This topic brought this review into mind. This is one of the many reviews I watched over and over again and it still makes me smile.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Boris rules! Same here - watched that review MANY times while I had the agonising wait of THREE WEEKS for my Valkyrie to come. That was a long three weeks.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 02:28 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Great point you raise Geepers. I've read and watched massive amounts of articles reviews, VLOG's etc about this bike... I've been saving / planning on buying for a couple of years now. I can only think of one semi-negative test ride review, and that was a guy whose knowledge of the bike and general riding skill seemed dubious at best. After a short urban ride he concluded it couldn't corner.

Everything else has been so positive. As Jack mentions one of the big downfalls was the Old school Valk riders feeling somewhat alienated. Maybe it would have done better marketed under a completely different name? Maybe then, even the Gen 1 Valk riders would have added one to their stable?

As time goes on, all of that will become water further under the bridge, people will see it more for what it is and discover what amazing bikes these are.
I think the somewhat polarising looks will also 'grow into fashion' as design evolves.

I purchased my bike on July 13th this year, it's coming from Australia. I'm due to pick it up in a weeks time, it's been a long 2 months... CANNOT wait to get on it!!!
Reading this forum has helped keep me sane.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkkiwi View Post
I can only think of one semi-negative test ride review, and that was a guy whose knowledge of the bike and general riding skill seemed dubious at best. After a short urban ride he concluded it couldn't corner.
Yep, know the one you mean. I dismissed it as a "review" as the dude was clearly clueless.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Jambriwal
Recent trip to N Carolina to ride the Devils whip, Blue Ridge Parkway and a vist to wheels through time.
At a gas stop we had six motorcycles lined up. My 2014 Valkyrie on the end of the row with the other bikes bieng Harley's. Standing there with my friend Bill a pickup truck pulls up and the driver looks at mine and says " I bet you piss those guys off with that thing" I replied yeah it's a bit of fun sometimes.
KUGO likes this.

Directions ? That's only the Manufacturer's opinion of the way this should be assembled.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page