@#!$% seat removal - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By sanmo

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
@#!$% seat removal

Is there an easier way to remove and reinstall the seats that I'm missing? Needed to install some electrical stuff and this seat nightmare just kills any joy in tinkering with this bike.
Battle scarred fingers, torn seat covers and scratched fenders are Honda's gift that keeps on giving (to me). Never had a bike which did not use a simple latch & lock to secure the seats.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Remove the two bolts from the rear seat and slide back to remove. Now remove the two bolts from the front seat and slide. It doesn't get any easier.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
One piece Corbin makes it two bolts only ! MUCH superior seat to factory !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 08:55 AM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
I took off the rear seat and also the metal plate attached to the front seat.
When I decided to put the back seat back on, I put a 2" wide strip of industrial Velcro across the rear portion of the front seat and matching hook/rug under the front part of the rear seat, so that they mate. Then I put the 2 screws back in the rear seat at fender.
So now if I want remove the rear seat, 2 screws only and I don't have that ugly piece of metal left over to deal with. If I want the front off, well that cost me another 2 screws.

I use to ride just solo seats on all my sleds. my kaw v2k, I took the seat off almost daily for mods or service, so I just velcro'd it in place. It worked great for 2 years. Until I put it on a trailer and hauled it to Salt Lake City. w/o somebody sitting on it at 60-70mph, the seat decided it wanted to be part of the mountain scenery. I had to order a new (used) one. so then I put a leather belt around it thru the frame to keep it from joining its cousin. it actually looked good and was ez to service and if ever I needed to slap theshit out of somebody, it was a handy tool to have quick access to. so many great ideas! poncho
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red Bomber 010.jpg (251.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Red Bomber 003.jpg (288.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Red Bomber 007.jpg (209.4 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Poncho; 07-21-2019 at 09:01 AM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah, seat removal and reinstallation is definitely not one of Hondaís stronger suits. Every Honda Iíve owned (which is all but one) has been a pain in the ass to set the seat in place, and the later models seem to be worse than the older ones. Most of them required two or three bolts that just would never line up all at once. I had a 1-piece Corbin on my Valk, and it was no picnic, either.

Ed

"Valar Morghulis."
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepngbear View Post
Yeah, seat removal and reinstallation is definitely not one of Hondaís stronger suits. Every Honda Iíve owned (which is all but one) has been a pain in the ass to set the seat in place, and the later models seem to be worse than the older ones. Most of them required two or three bolts that just would never line up all at once. I had a 1-piece Corbin on my Valk, and it was no picnic, either.
It is somewhat consoling to learn that this is a widespread PITA with the Honda lineup. I figured that they had taken design shortcuts while presenting their cruiser interpretation of the F6A and F6B.
Having to push the seat cushion out of the way while lining up the bracket and dropping in the small bolt and then avoiding cross-threading, is too much aggravation for me. Doubt if having a couple of beers to calm my nerves will help matters much. lol.
Buster likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Seat is quite simple. Try the tank and then get back to us.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmo View Post
Having to push the seat cushion out of the way while lining up the bracket and dropping in the small bolt and then avoiding cross-threading, is too much aggravation for me.
Know exactly what you mean. Try using a longer, magnetised Allen key/wrench - makes it easier.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page