Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F6CT View Post
Is the new fairing metal?
no its abs
So, you are taking off all the garbage plastic , so you can put on more plastic?
Geepers and DillPickle311 like this.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F6CT View Post
So, you are taking off all the garbage plastic , so you can put on more plastic?
If that is what you think you see, well then knock yourself out. I am making this beast my own. if in the end it doesn't resemble anything like yours or all the other wingdings out there, couldn't bother me less. its mine and I will make it mine. poncho
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

I was marginally able to move some pics from my cloudy eye fone to my 'puter so that I can disiminate this hard earned info to the wary public, that would be you. But I need somebody to chime in and instruct how to scale back file size so that they will fit in this teeny tiny attach box below. anybody got a clue?

the 45mm fork tube mounting kit arrived yesterday and I did get this Memphis shade fairing mounted. It fits like a glove. and is adjustable up/down, back/forth and tilt. So it lends itself to an array of fitment and fun'ction. I took it for a ride to my first watering hole. it is a creek that I built a small dam of rocks to host turtles and fish. they are doing exceptionally well with all this rain lately. anyway, the fairing was a bit low for my requirements, so while tipping back a cold frosty, because I can, I adjusted the whole fairing up 2" (50mm) and secured it. then I proceeded to my next evening bike stop thru city park down to the lake. lots of twisties. The fairing performed marvelously. Now I need to re adjust my new 8"(200mm) chrome headlight bucket w/led lamp up 2"(50mm) to fit snug under the nose of this batwing fairing.

the batwing tips which offer wind/rain/rock protection to your hands do not interfere with the radiators when turned full left and right. I have several inches of clearance above the radiators. not enough to re install the factory plastic wings w/o severe trimming, So I will pursue fabricating my own radiator shrouds... all the while contemplating moving the radiators completely from their current local, so as to expose that beasty motor and give access to it w/o having to remove the gas tank.

Yes at some point I will strip ALL the plastic off the bottom of this sled and expose the exhaust system. I am contemplating a complete new header system with a 6 into 1 into 2 manifold. that is at least a year down the road or more. ponchout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I like all the light weight plastic above the nice flat engine as it reduces weight . I think i could surprise many people on a road track as i have become one with this bike and can counter steer a corner almost like when i owned my Busa. BTW it was down for tires as i got about 3500 miles on M-Pilots after removing a lot of plastic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 274.jpg (208.0 KB, 42 views)

The best part of growing up in Florida is i didn't have to move here when i got old .

Last edited by use2b; 06-08-2019 at 03:16 PM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by use2b View Post
I like all the light weight plastic above the nice flat engine as it reduces weight .

u2b, I like all the light weight plastic anywhere on this skooter to be put in a box and stowed away as it reduces even more weight!.. I like nothing but air between me and my motor. it weighs less.

btw, there is something in your garage that is buggering the attached pic of that gmc power wagon.. could you remove it and let us see what a real truck looks like? mucho gracias, poncho
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Hi Poncho and all!

New 2015 Valk owner here, from New Zealand. I haven’t made an introduction post yet as I’m still waiting for my bike to arrive. (I imported from Australia as they are uncommon, and expensive here). Great to see you going outside the box with your mods Poncho. Customising these bikes does seem to require some committed effort as you mention in a previous post.

I haven’t seen the thin underbody plastic you refer to, but it sounds like a PITA if maintenance is required. Is there any possibility it had to be designed into the equation to reduce air resistance to meet fuel economy requirements out of the factory? My daily drive car is a Prius, (mainly because I’m a cheapass, not a treehugger, lol). It has loads of thin plastic skin under the motor bay, and has actually been shown to make a reasonable improvement to mpg.

Of course no one ever buys a 6 cyl motorcycle with a nearly 2l motor for the purposes of fuel economy, but perhaps Honda’s hands were tied on this due to EPA / Euro regs? Regardless, once the bike is ours, we will do as we please. (Unless we live in an emission nazi state like Cali.) Just thought i’d Throw a different angle in there, and say HI! This is a great forum. Cheers! Malcolm

Last edited by Valkkiwi; 09-02-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Couple of words for clarity and my name.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Welcome Malcolm from across the ditch
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkkiwi View Post
Hi Poncho and all!

New 2015 Valk owner here, from New Zealand. I haven’t made an introduction post yet as I’m still waiting for my bike to arrive. (I imported from Australia as they are uncommon, and expensive here). Great to see you going outside the box with your mods Poncho. Customising these bikes does seem to require some committed effort as you mention in a previous post.

I haven’t seen the thin underbody plastic you refer to, but it sounds like a PITA if maintenance is required. Is there any possibility it had to be designed into the equation to reduce air resistance to meet fuel economy requirements out of the factory? My daily drive car is a Prius, (mainly because I’m a cheapass, not a treehugger, lol). It has loads of thin plastic skin under the motor bay, and has actually been shown to make a reasonable improvement to mpg.

Of course no one ever buys a 6 cyl motorcycle with a nearly 2l motor for the purposes of fuel economy, but perhaps Honda’s hands were tied on this due to EPA / Euro regs? Regardless, once the bike is ours, we will do as we please. (Unless we live in an emission nazi state like Cali.) Just thought i’d Throw a different angle in there, and say HI! This is a great forum. Cheers! Malcolm
Welcome Malcolm ... but why you hating on Cali like Poncho ... don’t get influenced by him lol and stay a good boy !
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Yep. "Emission nazi states like Cali" will soon be seen to be the progressives.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashram1974 View Post
Welcome Malcolm ... but why you hating on Cali like Poncho ... donít get influenced by him lol and stay a good boy !

Thank you for the welcome Ashram. I like many places in Cali. I'm just glad I don't have to justify modifications I make to my vehicles on a yearly basis.

Some years ago I rented a car and drove down Highway 101 from Portland, Oregon to San Francisco. Beautiful route. I think now how great it would be on a bike.

Two visits now to San Francisco, and due to visit old friends again sometime. Everyone tells me San Diago is wonderful too. Haven't made it that far yet, maybe next time

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page