ECU Flash - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
ECU Flash

Has anyone had their ECU flashed and done the dyno before and after? I am interested in doing this although I just want to make sure it will make a mark improvement in Horsepower and performance.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Mine had the Don Guhl reflash done before I got it. My F6B did not, and I can tell you it does not have the low idle stumble that many of the 1800s have. I can't speak for dyno numbers, but my "butt dyno" says it runs much better. My F6B never got 40 MPG when I had it (but I am a kinda big guy) and the Valk did not either. Then I read on the thread on the F6B forum where I really needed to run 93 octane after the reflash, and I steady get 43-45 MPG now. There was a long thread over on the F6B board a few years ago that may be helpful since it is the same engine. I think the question had to do with "Did the reflash eliminate the rev limiter?"
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Guess what! I found a more recent one.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...hlight=reflash
baldone74361 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:35 AM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
new 015 stock F6C. first 2000 smiles vary 50-75 mph. 50 mpg consistent, every tank refill at 250m/5gal top off.. new batwing on the way here might change that some. do bags add drag? poncho
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:44 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
My bike is plenty fast enough for me and I don't have the cold stumble. Not a thing I would get done.
use2b likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My bike has 1000 miles on it and is still stock, I plan to put it on the dyno this year after I break the 1500 mile mark. Then next year get the Guhl ecu flash, throw it on the Dyno again, then shortly after that, install Dynojet Power Commander V, Dynojet Autotune and K&N air filter, then throw on dyno again & dial it in. Should have 3 dyno sheets to compare then. All dyno runs will be done at the same location and as close to the same ambient temperature as possible with 93 octane ethanol free gas cuz that is what I have used since day one. I know it's a year out but I will be sure to post the results back here!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I wanted mine flashed till it was brought to my attention by the guy from Torqmaster that these bikes have adaptable ECUs like a car. I changed my pipes and the bike actually did adapt. It surged a little at first but in about 200 or so miles the bike did correct itself. Im told it'll do it for the torq loops too but I'll be researching more on that one before I confirm.. It did do it with the pipes though for certain.

14 Valkyrie
02 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
02 Moto Guzzi V11 Scura
07 Yamaha YZF-R6
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:57 AM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
I plan to ride the shi , er hel,, er put a shi load of miles on her. 2k first 2 weeks getting home. she is being cut down to size and then redressed for the open road. Canukistan is on the map this year. Glacier, Banff, Jasper are some of the refuel stops. These here F6 are million mile motors. its time to ride them more than just wrench and look at em. Just try to wear them out. poncho
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I am not going to try and fix perfect !

The best part of growing up in Florida is i didn't have to move here when i got old .
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Well! The engine is a dream but it's the stupid downshifting that's driving me crazy. Going from 5th to 4th is cumbersome at times because it wants to pop back in 5th and do a little grinding. Yeah! I'm stomping it in there to the point of going to 3rd some times. If I thought this to be a real problem, would have already taken it to stealership. I chalk it up to being the nature of the gearing design.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page