Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

New exhaust coming for the Valkyrie?

16K views 50 replies 19 participants last post by  Afta 
#1 ·
I just saw this posted on the VRCC site under 14/15 Valkyrie.
If I see anymore I will post it here.

« on: April 09, 2019, 18:56:09 »
Reply with quoteQuote
Guys and gals that own Valkyries, soon aftermarket pipes are going to be available.

They are using my bike to do them and one side is already done, they are working on the other side.

Sorry, but no pictures for the moment as the company prohibit that until is finish.

But don't worry, time run fast and in a while i will have the first Valkyrie with aftermarket pipes and you will see them.

As soon as i go and get the bike i will post pictures and the info so you guys can order yours.

#5 ·
The 1st issue would to be replace the cats with Torq Loopz. Once that is done and the x-over is eliminated the stock mufflers need to be replaced due to their different sizes and back pressures. These 2 mods eliminate the choking of the GL1800’s engine that was mandated by the epa.

#14 ·
actually you don't want to ride the wave on the Bleeding Edge. it can be costly and painful.. but catching the 2nd or 3rd wave is more fun.. 'Lectrics m/c are 10yrs into productions, some on their 3rd and 4th rev. Because they don't have the mass production numbers yet, their cost are still prohibitive. As soon as the big boys, Honda et al. jump in the fray, then you will see quality machines at fair competitive prices. As for now it is still for those with lots of loose change in their pockets. these guys are cutting (bleeding) edge https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/ poncho

#6 ·
I had Rhinehart on my vtx1800 and it sounded good. Didn't help my left ear much though. Folks could hear me coming and I could gun it next to cars I was passing as a warning. I miss this!

Now, I don't miss it too much but wish the valk had more grunt.

I am not too concerned about electrics because it should be quite a few more years before they become real competition for many reasons. Smaller batts, quicker charging as well as more resources to juice up, longer range, and better affordability.

#7 ·
Would be nice but I doubt it. Just for the fact this is a bike of a 2 year run and was not a spectacular seller. However the companies that made older Goldwing pipes all they have to do is sell some shortened ones. But I went through this with Two Bros and asking them to shorten a set of their F6C pipes. Basically got a "**** no"..
To my knowledge the only guy that makes pipes for us is Torqmaster. Maybe Delkevic. I have Torqmasters. I like them a lot. Considering the Torque loops.
And these bikes with pipes??? Oh, yeah. Nothing sounding motorcycle about it with pipes. Sounds pretty distinct. I say "80s Porsche".

#16 ·
Electric vehicles are the future, but not the near future. We don’t have the national/global infrastructure to support charging them, especially not quickly charging them. This limits them to short range commuters. I think the people selling parts for gasoline engines are safe for a few more decades.

Personally I’d rather see hydrogen powered vehicles. It’s a limitless resource that could be refueled similar to the way gasoline is. Plus we’d still get to have engines that sound like engines.

#17 ·
Electric vehicles are the future, but not the near future. We don’t have the national/global infrastructure to support charging them, especially not quickly charging them.
Rt, sit tite. a paradigm shift in technology will swing all things another way. we are still behind the curve using old skool battery technology. this will not always be the case. forget range and recharge as being the brick wall issue of the day. PERFORMANCE is the key issue to zero in on regarding 'Lectrics vs ICE motors. Instant Tork out the wazoo at 1 rpm! HP to weight is 10x of any ice motor. Zero vibration not only gives long life of the motor but also ALL the other components. Next to Zero heat generation. Next to Zero mechanical maintenance required. Direct drives make transmissions non essential. Infinite connectivity and control. the benefits are FAR greater than the few current issues we have to solve. If it weren't for problems, we wouldn't have jobs.

those that want to either talk green turds or take issues with them can go elsewhere. Energy is energy and it is everywhere. we need to learn how to harness it an put it to work. there is nothing new under the sun. everything that ever was is still here and all the is here will always be. climate changers can go pound sand. it gives them something to do. poncho

#20 · (Edited)
"Climate changers can go pound sand. It gives them something to do." Chief Climate Scientist P. Oncho Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
the one constant in the universe is .. wait for it.. "change". there it is.. so all the hyperbole on this subject is by those who really don't understand the hysteresis of planet energy.. and change being what it is, who says its a bad thing? its been going on since inception. you couldn't stop it if you wanted to. for those who espouse progressive ideals, you would think that they would embrace change. only they fear it.. no, this issue goes much deeper. this is about power and control. in the words of the infamous last prez, "never let a good crisis go to waste".

#23 ·
The IPCC's Fifth Assessment 2013 concluded that the climate is changing and that human activity is responsible for much of it. I'm pretty sure they would have factored in the natural forces you refer to.

Reducing emissions is also likely not enough now to make a significant impact on rising temperatures. Geoengineering solutions are probably going to be the next big thing:

https://cosmosmagazine.com/climate/6-ways-geoengineering-could-fight-climate-change

Who's to say that change is a bad thing? Those who want to live here ;)

#24 ·
The IPCC's Fifth Assessment .. Who's to say that change is a bad thing? Those who want to live here ;)
5 times and they still get it wrong . Anything that starts with the word International needs to be shitcanned and burned, but that would add to green house gas, so they should just bury all those would be environ' looking for another gov handout 'mentalist.. their fixed reports are just to support their aggendas.
life goes on regardless the environment, there are no fixed constant FOREVER set of climate parameters. So if the climate changes, change with it.

#26 · (Edited)
Those articles are old. The hiatus of 1998 to 2012 where temps plateaued - and caused people to doubt the science - is over. Don't know why we're even having this conversation. Still, some people genuinely believe the earth is flat and that man never went to the moon I guess. Ok, I'll shut up now. Back to bikes...

#30 ·
"What are the weight of aftermarket alternatives if any?" -STLLOU

That's the whole point: there really aren't any. You have your Tork-Tubes, a few slip-ons that can be made to work, but we have not yet had anything, as a complete, well-thought out aftermarket system, for the "new" Valkyrie. And most of us aren't getting our hopes up for that to change, as it simply is not a profitable market to go after. Too few potential buyers.

#31 ·
other than the minions who just want to "buy" a "bolt on solution" and then fuss about it and its cost, some, very few are willing to fabricate their own exhaust system. when I am done with the top of this bike, cosmetics and have accumulated more than a few 10ks miles, I will address this issue. probably 2 years from now.
to do it proper requires stripping off All the plastic skin that Honda chose to hide all their plumbing nightmares. A good looking 3 into 1 exposed header on each side. the radiator expansion bottle relocated to tool box area will open the center of the undercarriage. each side manifold will merge into a Y central pipe and then exhaust flow exit another Y to each side of the bike. Proper muffler/silencer BoomCans can be fitted to resonate or muffle this free flowing system.
I like the idea of having adjustable restrictors at the outlet that can be quiet as a church mouse or opened up for a throaty roar. Also is the option of blanking off one side and just hanging a bigger can on the other side. this kind of stuff is fun, but takes time and often several iterations to get it more better right. most of you will be long gone before then, looking to buy a solution for your next bike. poncho

#32 ·
Poncho- you ever watch "Bitchin' Rides" on Motor Trend cable, with owner Dave Kindig? I love the "zoomie" buttons and associated apparatus for a simple push-button "loud and fast" option that they do on many of their customers' cars. I'm not knowledgeable enough to suggest something like that for our bikes, but the idea really appeals to me. Something like that possible (or just stoopid) for our Valks? My problem is I'm always trying to do something different with mine, whether it's an actual improvement or not, just because I love futzing with the thing. There's also a lot more room under most of his custom cars to hide things and be subtle; less so for a bike. Just thinking out loud. I also got to love the nitrous button on my 'Vette. Just thinkin' out loud again...

#36 · (Edited)
not everything needs to push button automated rocket science just because you saw it on you tube..
way back in the early 70's b4 most many of you were born, I had a buddy who did motocross racing and flattrack. he had a bonnie 650 with TT straight pipes. on the end of each those short pipes he had installed a 1.5" flat washers with 1/2" hole. the washers had two threaded studs welded on them, one on each end. such that he drilled two holes in the end of each pipe. Inserted the threaded studs so hat the washer could be turned 90 in line with the pipe and allow full exhaust flow - no restriction. Or he could rotate the washers 90 degree to the flow and restrict the flow to just that 1/2" dia. opening. Each of the threaded studs had a locking wing nut to hold the washer in position.
This very simple (even you could do it) method allowed him to ride his race bike in the neighborhood without waking the neighbors or getting attention from the local noise occifers. At any time he wanted to show off or take it to the track. 10 seconds is all it took by hand to go from quiet to "get the hellout of my way" thunder or I will ride this thing right up your back, over top of you and out your front door, kicking dirt and stones in your face..
push buttons, automatic, sheesh! clint eastwood said it best, all the males have gone betapussy.

#38 ·
Ah! no real forethought when designing this machine.
welcome to the engineering world of Honda! they make some of the best engineered motors and machines on the planet , but have zero in marketing and creative design. most of their over engineered bikes are just boring as sin. hence, no real deep market and with lack of sales, models come and go every 2 years. so aftermarket accessories are as few as drinking establishments in the Mohave desert. few and far between.

but then you find yourself here at the F6C outpost bar for some god forsaken reason. most of us just scored a bigass deal on the Monster Motor and are now stuck with this Bizaar Bike. many souls, lament and howl like a wounded wolf that they cant "accessorize" their sleds with all the krome farbles like the hardley kids do. buy and bolt retail fabricators don't cater to this oh so shallow pool of cheap assbastards.

so, what to do. what to do.. hmm, why not just make your own dam parts and accessories? why cant you just take parts that are already in production for other bike models, often similar or close and then modify them to fit? so you are saying I should RISK spending my money and time and my "oh its too good to be messed with" (but then why the **** are you messing with it?) bike, and god forbid if I should somehow come up short of perfection and somebody might not like how well I did or didn't do that part or fit.. as if they could do better but all they do is talk and never actually do..?

I find this same conversation among those that would spend their days dreaming of taking a big long ride across the country to some far away destination and all the riding in between. but they never do. On the other hand, I organize (small) groups of guys and ride all over this continent every chance I can get. More often by myself only because often all the talkers find excuses to not do it. you are fortunate if you can find just 1 person who shares your passion for long distance traveling If you really want to do something, you can and you must "Just Do It". nike

same goes for modifying your ride.. that is why I say if you have apprehension on getting started working on your premo bike, get a beater bike and work out your wrench fears on something that wont bite you much and is forgiving. eventually you will get to the place where every machine in your hands is a lump of clay waiting for you to make it your own. poncho

#39 ·
Some are wrenchers
Some are riders
Some are wrencher/riders
Some are rider/wrenchers
Some are fabricators/wrencher/riders
Finally! Some are rider/wreckers. Shazam! This is freakin ME.

I’ve shined the you-know-what out of every bike I’ve totaled (2) BEFORE I totaled them. The tow truck towed away a shining mess.

A mans' got to know his limitations...

#40 ·
Some are wrenchers
Some are riders
Some are wrencher/riders
Some are rider/wrenchers
Some are fabricators/wrencher/riders
Finally! Some are rider/wreckers. Shazam! This is freakin ME..
SOME actually realized that the GL does come in different trim levels to suit those that want a fairing, bags, trunk, fancy electronics, etc....
If that had been what I wanted, I simply would have bought one instead of wasting time and money on a poorly cobbled together nightmare.

If reinventing the wheel is what one enjoys doing - that’s cool, but there’s no need to put others down for not wanting to go there.

#47 ·
Here's more information;

Freedom Performance Exhaust
Corona, California.

951-898-4733

The sound form me is good, they are not loud, neither mid loud, but I makes a difference from factory that you don't even know the bike is on. Sending a video is not going to be good, i already try it and isn't good.

But I'm going to try again and let you know.

#49 ·
I mean.... ok anything is better than nothing those seem "ok"... what i'd like (before i end up bagging this thing and turning it into a full blown "wing") is to see an exhaust more akin to the gorgeous pipe on the Rune that let the rather nice open real wheel on the bike shine... To me, the most horrifying thing on this bike is that big chrome exhaust running right through the middle of the black wheel... yeah I get it... you can ride a passenger with the pipe set up like it is where as the Rune wasn't really designed for that but still... Oh the heck with it I'll probably have the Fleetliners on it by the end of the summer anyways LoL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.