New exhaust coming for the Valkyrie? - Page 4 - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 16Likes

post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:36 PM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
other than the minions who just want to "buy" a "bolt on solution" and then fuss about it and its cost, some, very few are willing to fabricate their own exhaust system. when I am done with the top of this bike, cosmetics and have accumulated more than a few 10ks miles, I will address this issue. probably 2 years from now.
to do it proper requires stripping off All the plastic skin that Honda chose to hide all their plumbing nightmares. A good looking 3 into 1 exposed header on each side. the radiator expansion bottle relocated to tool box area will open the center of the undercarriage. each side manifold will merge into a Y central pipe and then exhaust flow exit another Y to each side of the bike. Proper muffler/silencer BoomCans can be fitted to resonate or muffle this free flowing system.
I like the idea of having adjustable restrictors at the outlet that can be quiet as a church mouse or opened up for a throaty roar. Also is the option of blanking off one side and just hanging a bigger can on the other side. this kind of stuff is fun, but takes time and often several iterations to get it more better right. most of you will be long gone before then, looking to buy a solution for your next bike. poncho
post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 01:26 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Poncho- you ever watch "Bitchin' Rides" on Motor Trend cable, with owner Dave Kindig? I love the "zoomie" buttons and associated apparatus for a simple push-button "loud and fast" option that they do on many of their customers' cars. I'm not knowledgeable enough to suggest something like that for our bikes, but the idea really appeals to me. Something like that possible (or just stoopid) for our Valks? My problem is I'm always trying to do something different with mine, whether it's an actual improvement or not, just because I love futzing with the thing. There's also a lot more room under most of his custom cars to hide things and be subtle; less so for a bike. Just thinking out loud. I also got to love the nitrous button on my 'Vette. Just thinkin' out loud again...
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Easy s can be. Just get the Torq Master Pipes and Torq Loopz. The bike will sound great and run even better. You cut the cats off 1 3/4Ē after the 3 into 1 header merge weld and add the Loopz then the mufflers. Mid and upper range is improved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 70AE93E0-53A9-4800-B4A1-622B34FA4C21.jpg (174.9 KB, 19 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUGO View Post
Poncho- you ever watch "Bitchin' Rides" on Motor Trend cable, with owner Dave Kindig? I love the "zoomie" buttons and associated apparatus for a simple push-button "loud and fast" option that they do on many of their customers' cars. I'm not knowledgeable enough to suggest something like that for our bikes, but the idea really appeals to me. Something like that possible (or just stoopid) for our Valks? My problem is I'm always trying to do something different with mine, whether it's an actual improvement or not, just because I love futzing with the thing. There's also a lot more room under most of his custom cars to hide things and be subtle; less so for a bike. Just thinking out loud. I also got to love the nitrous button on my 'Vette. Just thinkin' out loud again...
There is a exhaust system made for the Goldwing that has the button for quiet to loud.
https://jekillandhyde.com/en/brands/honda-exhaust
KUGO likes this.

Let's Ride
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
With Torq Loopz, there are no loud issues. It keeps the cruising speed volume quiet without that annoying drone from the oversized factory midpipe with cat and crossover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
There is a exhaust system made for the Goldwing that has the button for quiet to loud.
https://jekillandhyde.com/en/brands/honda-exhaust
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 01:16 PM

not everything needs to push button automated rocket science just because you saw it on you tube..
way back in the early 70's b4 most many of you were born, I had a buddy who did motocross racing and flattrack. he had a bonnie 650 with TT straight pipes. on the end of each those short pipes he had installed a 1.5" flat washers with 1/2" hole. the washers had two threaded studs welded on them, one on each end. such that he drilled two holes in the end of each pipe. Inserted the threaded studs so hat the washer could be turned 90 in line with the pipe and allow full exhaust flow - no restriction. Or he could rotate the washers 90 degree to the flow and restrict the flow to just that 1/2" dia. opening. Each of the threaded studs had a locking wing nut to hold the washer in position.
This very simple (even you could do it) method allowed him to ride his race bike in the neighborhood without waking the neighbors or getting attention from the local noise occifers. At any time he wanted to show off or take it to the track. 10 seconds is all it took by hand to go from quiet to "get the hellout of my way" thunder or I will ride this thing right up your back, over top of you and out your front door, kicking dirt and stones in your face..
push buttons, automatic, sheesh! clint eastwood said it best, all the males have gone betapussy.

Last edited by Poncho; 06-16-2019 at 01:22 PM.
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Too few potential buyers.
Ah!

no real forethought when designing this machine.
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillPickle311 View Post
Ah! no real forethought when designing this machine.
welcome to the engineering world of Honda! they make some of the best engineered motors and machines on the planet , but have zero in marketing and creative design. most of their over engineered bikes are just boring as sin. hence, no real deep market and with lack of sales, models come and go every 2 years. so aftermarket accessories are as few as drinking establishments in the Mohave desert. few and far between.

but then you find yourself here at the F6C outpost bar for some god forsaken reason. most of us just scored a bigass deal on the Monster Motor and are now stuck with this Bizaar Bike. many souls, lament and howl like a wounded wolf that they cant "accessorize" their sleds with all the krome farbles like the hardley kids do. buy and bolt retail fabricators don't cater to this oh so shallow pool of cheap assbastards.

so, what to do. what to do.. hmm, why not just make your own dam parts and accessories? why cant you just take parts that are already in production for other bike models, often similar or close and then modify them to fit? so you are saying I should RISK spending my money and time and my "oh its too good to be messed with" (but then why the **** are you messing with it?) bike, and god forbid if I should somehow come up short of perfection and somebody might not like how well I did or didn't do that part or fit.. as if they could do better but all they do is talk and never actually do..?

I find this same conversation among those that would spend their days dreaming of taking a big long ride across the country to some far away destination and all the riding in between. but they never do. On the other hand, I organize (small) groups of guys and ride all over this continent every chance I can get. More often by myself only because often all the talkers find excuses to not do it. you are fortunate if you can find just 1 person who shares your passion for long distance traveling If you really want to do something, you can and you must "Just Do It". nike

same goes for modifying your ride.. that is why I say if you have apprehension on getting started working on your premo bike, get a beater bike and work out your wrench fears on something that wont bite you much and is forgiving. eventually you will get to the place where every machine in your hands is a lump of clay waiting for you to make it your own. poncho
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Some are wrenchers
Some are riders
Some are wrencher/riders
Some are rider/wrenchers
Some are fabricators/wrencher/riders
Finally! Some are rider/wreckers. Shazam! This is freakin ME.

Iíve shined the you-know-what out of every bike Iíve totaled (2) BEFORE I totaled them. The tow truck towed away a shining mess.

A mans' got to know his limitations...
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DillPickle311 View Post
Some are wrenchers
Some are riders
Some are wrencher/riders
Some are rider/wrenchers
Some are fabricators/wrencher/riders
Finally! Some are rider/wreckers. Shazam! This is freakin ME..
SOME actually realized that the GL does come in different trim levels to suit those that want a fairing, bags, trunk, fancy electronics, etc....
If that had been what I wanted, I simply would have bought one instead of wasting time and money on a poorly cobbled together nightmare.

If reinventing the wheel is what one enjoys doing - that’s cool, but there’s no need to put others down for not wanting to go there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page