Hello from Richmond, VA! - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 6Likes

post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Cool Hello from Richmond, VA!

Hello all! I just joined this forum the other day to do some research, and as of today, I am proud to state I am the owner of a 2014 F6C!

I have ridden Hondas most of my life. In my early years I had a Honda Z50A, which my dad bought me and forever regretted, setting me on the path of motorcycle ownership. I then moved up at age 16 and bought a Kawasaki KS125, which I quickly outgrew. I traded that for a Kawasaki 650, and then traded that for a V45 Magna (one of my lifetime favorite bikes, and a sheer rocket of its own volition). I then sold that and had a hiatus for awhile until I got my house paid off. I then got a VTX 1300r, and a year later bought a VTX 1800r. Then, I discovered the CTX 1300 and bought one of those. I still own all three of those. It's getting a bit cramped in my 1-car carport.

A few days ago, a biker who posts videos on YouTube took delivery of a 2015 Valk, and from the moment he first brought it into camera view, I was obsessed. What a bike! The arm ripping sheer power of that torque factory, the gorgeous lines, the Honda reliability. What more could I want?! After watching his first two videos, I was drooling with envy.

So, then I started doing my research on the bike. Didn't find too many things that critics disliked or complained about other than the usual nitpicky stuff about the seat height being 1/4 inch too high or too hard, etc. The CTX has plenty of complaints from the tabs that hold the plastc shell together, to the stiff suspension. Though I have been incredibly happy with it. But when I saw the Valk... I saw that sheer rush of gut grinding power, and the gorgeous look, and I was hooked.

After determining it was a rock solid bike, I started looking around. My color HAD to be black, since it looks the most badazz, and (as we ALL know), it's scientifically and anecdotally proven to be the fastest color. Ahem! So after narrowing things down to two model years, a price point under $10,000, and black color, I came up with about 8 options on Cycle Trader. Really wanted the ABS upgrade, but I can live without it. Anyway, a dealer in Texas had one for $8400 but had sent it to auction and he didn't really feel like dealing with me. My next stop was a dealer in Iowa that had a 2014 with ONLY 108 miles on it, basically mint and right out of the showroom from a consignment sale by a guy who bought it and never rode it. Effectively a brand new Valky for half the original price, we agreed on $8500, down from the listing of $8995. For this mileage, I felt it was a very fair price, and I went for it. I am STOKED.

Now I have to deal with all the fun stuff of having it shipped, and dealing with the dreaded DMV. And I must sell my other three beloved bikes. So that's a lot of online work, photo taking, dealer servicing, and jockeying around. Puts quite a crimp in my finances for the time being.

The bike's only aftermarket accessory is the taller windshield, otherwise it is pure stock. I am having them install a battery tender lead before it ships. I'm hoping they still have the shorty shield, as I like the sleeker look of the shorty.

I already own a phone mount and a cup holder. I'd really like to have some bags and a luggage rack. And having gotten used to the stereo and charging cable on the CTX, I am going to have to do something about a charging port.

I find these forums an endless source of information and comaradarie. I hope to contribute in the days and months ahead! I feel this Valk is going to be THE bike I always dreamed of.

So talk to me. What else do I need to be thinking about for add-ons, what can I expect as I ride it, and what advice do you have for a Valk newbie here?

The forum wouldn't let me post the ad link, so you'll have to settle for images from their website.

Do you think I made a pretty good deal? It's basically like the deal I got on my CTX - bought it showroom new right out of the crate for half the original retail.

I await your input and thank you all!

Richmonder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5eca15aa5691cf66b404d4c5.jpg (155.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 5eca15aaa7105650af37818b.jpg (127.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 5eca15aacf94593be839a593.jpg (132.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 5eca15aaecf94f6dc200f5e6.jpg (136.2 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Richmonder; 05-30-2020 at 09:47 PM.
post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Welcome
You know you should fly and drive it home.
I also think that black looks great I have a black F6B it's hard to keep clean.
Enjoy your new ride.
Here's what I use for a Power outlet got from EBAY

Let's Ride
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I see a few power ports on eBay, one I like with an on/off switch. How was the wire routing? Did it require a lot of disassembling and reassembling? I'm not sure I have the talent.

I toyed with riding it home, but since we still have all the licensing, titleing, no saddlebags and no luggage rack, it would be logistically messy for a 2 day trip. Not to mention this virus mess making it sometimes difficult or impossible to get a meal on the road.

Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder View Post
Thanks! I see a few power ports on eBay, one I like with an on/off switch. How was the wire routing? Did it require a lot of disassembling and reassembling? I'm not sure I have the talent.

I toyed with riding it home, but since we still have all the licensing, titleing, no saddlebags and no luggage rack, it would be logistically messy for a 2 day trip. Not to mention this virus mess making it sometimes difficult or impossible to get a meal on the road.

Richmonder

Good choice, plenty of time to ride. Nice and cool this morning.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder View Post

Richmonder
Wire routing was easy I ran the wiring under the tank. There is a acc wire under the seat to plug in to.
The switch does have a on off but power is off when the bike is off.

Let's Ride
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
They still have the boulevard screen readily available but you might want to give the tall a shot it truly keeps 95 pct of the wind/buffet off you... the only downside is unless you are like 6ft 4in you’ll probably be looking through the screen not over it... I had to learn to deal with that now I don’t even notice
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

When you wired the port under the tank, did you have to do any disassembly or anything? And did you just leave the wire loose, or zip tie it somehow under the tank? I guess I'll have more of a feel once I get the bike.

Richmonder

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Yeh, I can't stand looking ahead through a winshield, ESPECIALLY when its edge is right at my eye height. You are constantly having to either look higher or lower and it is annoying. I just don't like looking through a windshield on a bike. I feel like my perception is altered, if only slightly.

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I will have my trimmed tall windshield for sale soon, if you are interested. I will post pictures.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Since you're already putting Battery Tender leads on, you can connect to that with the same SAE waterproof connection wiring for $10 on Amazon and a small voltmeter to put on the handlebar end that has 2 x 2.4 amp USB ports (search 'SAE voltmeter 4.8 amp USB' cable for many options of length), good for phone and will also charge when the bike is off in case you ever need that. Yes, I ran it under the tank using a coat hanger, then zip tied it on each end. And then just unplug the voltmeter and plug in the charger right there on the handlebars. They also have SAE connection on one end of the wire, splitting into 2 SAE plugs on the other end so you wouldn't have to unplug the voltmeter to plug in the Battery Tender.

You might also consider these items I found recommended on this site that really worked for me:
-- BB52-916: Showchrome Tridium LED Fog/Running/Driving Light Kit $285
-- Omni-Cruise Control – http://www.omni-cruise.com/omni-cruise-1/
-- $49.95 Kuryakyn Ergos III pegs $297 or else Rivco flip out pegs (Rivco only goes out to 30" inseam or so, depending on the seat for $330 https://www.jpcycles.com/product/755...IKyw&gclsrc=ds ),

2nd owner of 2014 Valkyrie

Previous Bikes:
’66 Benelli (Montgomery Wards) 125 cc Riverside
’74 Yamaha Enduro DT360
’74 Honda CB450
’76 Kawasaki KH500
’77 Yamaha RD400
’80 Kawasaki KX250
’71 Honda CB750K1
’82 Yamaha Virago XV750
'95 Honda Magna VF750CD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page