Hello from Richmond, VA! - Page 3 - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 11:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
I'm tempted to draw parallels between this motorcycle acquisition experience and marriage. Mine had perhaps a total of 3 hours of research and pondering before I pulled the trigger, hopped on my bike and rode to a dealer about 100 miles away to trade in for the Valk. Akin to an impulse wedding at Las Vegas aided by beer-goggles? No regrets though.
Richmonder, on the other hand is awaiting his mail-order bride and eagerly anticipating to find out exactly what shows up. Hope it ends well.
sanmo is offline  
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 11:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmo View Post
I'm tempted to draw parallels between this motorcycle acquisition experience and marriage. Mine had perhaps a total of 3 hours of research and pondering before I pulled the trigger, hopped on my bike and rode to a dealer about 100 miles away to trade in for the Valk. Akin to an impulse wedding at Las Vegas aided by beer-goggles? No regrets though.
Richmonder, on the other hand is awaiting his mail-order bride and eagerly anticipating to find out exactly what shows up. Hope it ends well.

He'll be fine just as long as his bride isn't from Nigeria.
Crabballs is offline  
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 03:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabballs View Post
He'll be fine just as long as his bride isn't from Nigeria.
lol. I suppose Nigerian princesses can be quite alluring.

After all, Black Bikes Matter!

(Is that too soon? In poor taste?)
sanmo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 04:54 PM
Junior Member
 
98&14VALKMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Richmonder
Check out my bags FS. PIX in my public album.
VM
98&14VALKMAN is offline  
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Well gents, the day has finally arrived! It's Christmas in July! I have waited a MONTH for this!


I met the driver of the transport company at a local big box parking lot, since there's no way he can get an 80 foot semi into and out of my neighborhood. Took about 20 minutes and off we went. I do not see any damage to the radiator cowl as was previously pictured, so that is a relief, but I still have to give it a good inspection.



After riding the CTX 1300 for 3 years, I found this one sits a good inch higher, and the center of gravity is a bit higher, so balancing will take some getting used to.


And that clutch grabs INSTANTLY! I was not ready for that. And as soon as you're engaged, the bike just seems to SCREAM, LET'S GOOOOO!!!! Unbelievable power.


It is SO unbelievably hot in Richmond today, I can hardly stand to be outside and work on it. It needs a good detailing after all the hands that have been on her and all the sitting around in trucks and warehouses. And I need to check pressure and fluids.


Well, here's a few pics for starts. More to come!


My wait has ended!


Richmonder


P.S. Sorry about the pics being upside down. They are properly aligned in my hard drive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0627201601a.jpg (363.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 0627201609_HDR.jpg (243.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 0627201603a.jpg (420.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 0627201603.jpg (327.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 0627201602.jpg (527.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 0627201601.jpg (322.2 KB, 17 views)
Geepers and Buster like this.

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."


Previous bikes:


Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie

Last edited by Richmonder; 06-27-2020 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Addendum
Richmonder is online now  
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
All -


I gave my bike an initial cleanup tonight, and as I was polishing the chrome exhausts, I noticed on both sides it had what resembled a small off-whitish "bandaid" (though it didn't have any edges you could pull on and seemed to be built in to the piece. This was on the final tip of both exhaust pipes. I'd say they each measure about 1/4" by 1". They look like small repair jobs, but on closer inspection, appear to be factory installed. Anyone else have these, and if so, know what they're for?


Thanks!


Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."


Previous bikes:


Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie
Richmonder is online now  
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 06:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmo View Post
lol. I suppose Nigerian princesses can be quite alluring.

After all, Black Bikes Matter!

(Is that too soon? In poor taste?)

Naw, the truth is never in poor taste!
Crabballs is offline  
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 07:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder View Post
Well gents, the day has finally arrived! It's Christmas in July! I have waited a MONTH for this!


I met the driver of the transport company at a local big box parking lot, since there's no way he can get an 80 foot semi into and out of my neighborhood. Took about 20 minutes and off we went. I do not see any damage to the radiator cowl as was previously pictured, so that is a relief, but I still have to give it a good inspection.



After riding the CTX 1300 for 3 years, I found this one sits a good inch higher, and the center of gravity is a bit higher, so balancing will take some getting used to.


And that clutch grabs INSTANTLY! I was not ready for that. And as soon as you're engaged, the bike just seems to SCREAM, LET'S GOOOOO!!!! Unbelievable power.


It is SO unbelievably hot in Richmond today, I can hardly stand to be outside and work on it. It needs a good detailing after all the hands that have been on her and all the sitting around in trucks and warehouses. And I need to check pressure and fluids.


Well, here's a few pics for starts. More to come!


My wait has ended!


Richmonder


P.S. Sorry about the pics being upside down. They are properly aligned in my hard drive.

Nice! you're going to enjoy that beast!
Crabballs is offline  
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 07:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder View Post
All -


I gave my bike an initial cleanup tonight, and as I was polishing the chrome exhausts, I noticed on both sides it had what resembled a small off-whitish "bandaid" (though it didn't have any edges you could pull on and seemed to be built in to the piece. This was on the final tip of both exhaust pipes. I'd say they each measure about 1/4" by 1". They look like small repair jobs, but on closer inspection, appear to be factory installed. Anyone else have these, and if so, know what they're for?


Thanks!


Richmonder

Like they say about scabs and band-aids, never pick at them as you'll make them bleed. Get on that bike and go for a nice ride. I haven't noticed anything like that on mine, but never really looked.
Crabballs is offline  
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
JackB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Two Rivers Wis
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Mine also has silver spots I was told that's the way Honda made them, I think they could have done better.
Hot Rod likes this.

Let's Ride
JackB is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome