post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi! Member from London!

Hi!
Im Konrad and I new here!
I just wanna ask about Honda F6C.

Can You wirte me it is good motorcycle for beginner?

Thank You for help!
Have a nice day!
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by konradsc View Post
Can You wirte me it is good motorcycle for beginner?
Definitely not. It's under-powered, too light and physically too small for a beginner. You want something, I dunno, the size of a Hummer(?) so that when you hit sh1t you bounce off and don't get hurt. Sorry to put you off as this is definitely a good bike - just not for you.

Last edited by Geepers; 09-12-2019 at 05:46 AM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Welcome to the Forum, Konrad, although I have no official status to say so. I am also one of the last people to discourage someone from going after some dream that they may have, unless I think they might hurt themselves. Your self-described "Beginner" level makes me concerned that you might do just that. As Geepers (how do you say it 'cross the Pond, rather "cheekily") tried to tell you, this is a large, rather heavy, and deceptively fast motorcycle. It inspires confidence quickly, however, but I'd still suggest that you start with something in the 750cc range. If you live in London proper, that is a large bike, and if you have to drive in the city much at all, you might appreciate something more along that size. Round-abouts and all. Then, after a season or two, determine what you really want at that stage. A lot of us started out riding on something far different than the Valkyries we ride now. Good luck, and again, welcome, Konrad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Not for beginner and maybe not even be for very experienced.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillPickle311 View Post
VERY true. This bike has taught me a few things, too, although sometimes unexpectedly. And for someone at age 68 who's been riding since childhood, I'm attributing some of it to the fact that the responsiveness of the throttle and availability of torque (that is not this well-spread throughout the curve with many other bikes) that would catch me off-guard when a bit too aggressive. I'm loving every lesson! As much as I'd love to be able to have 20 bikes in my garage, having only this one is probably the best compromise I can come up with. If I'd found something better in the last four years, I'd be riding it instead.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUGO View Post
VERY true. This bike has taught me a few things, too, although sometimes unexpectedly. And for someone at age 68 who's been riding since childhood, I'm attributing some of it to the fact that the responsiveness of the throttle and availability of torque (that is not this well-spread throughout the curve with many other bikes) that would catch me off-guard when a bit too aggressive. I'm loving every lesson! As much as I'd love to be able to have 20 bikes in my garage, having only this one is probably the best compromise I can come up with. If I'd found something better in the last four years, I'd be riding it instead.
I knew it but took it for granted. This machine can kick your butt as it did mine. It has IT all and if you are not constantly aware of this in all circumstances and conditions, you will quickly be reminded you don't know it all.

That said, this model valkyrie is the most unique of any motorcycle in production at this moment. I believe that it being produced for only 2 years added even more to the uniqueness.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillPickle311 View Post
Meh. Take the car.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
I've been riding since 1979 and still found myself watching some safety videos on youtube last week, and one was titled "5 ways to die on a motorcycle", where number one of which was starting out on too large a bike, some people thinking the weekend class on a 250cc was enough experience to move up to 700+ lbs and 100+ horsepower.

I rode a group ride with a guy that had a brand new $40,000+ Hardlee, beaUTEiful bike and he dropped it 2 or 3 times when doing things like just turning out of a parking lot onto the street. Get a used 750cc and drop that a few times first. You can find 750 V4 Magna's for about $2000 - 4000 and they're great bikes, and even that might be a bit much unless you're very very conservative, which reminds me of a study I did of motorcycle death statistics and found most had 2 or 3 of these aspects:

** 1st 6 months on a new bike
* drinking
* no helmet
* sport bike
* 20-35 years old
* within 5 miles from home

2nd owner of 2014 Valkyrie

Previous Bikes:
66 Benelli (Montgomery Wards) 125 cc Riverside
74 Yamaha Enduro DT360
74 Honda CB450
76 Kawasaki KH500
77 Yamaha RD400
80 Kawasaki KX250
71 Honda CB750K1
82 Yamaha Virago XV750
'95 Honda Magna VF750CD
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
* within 5 miles from home
I try to be hyper-aware of this one - ie the mental let-down as you get near the house. As running coaches say: "you gotta power through the finish tape!"
Buster likes this.

Last edited by Geepers; 09-16-2019 at 03:01 AM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geepers View Post
I try to be hyper-aware of this one - ie the mental let-down as you get near the house. As running coaches say: "you gotta power through the finish tape!"
You (I) also have to be mindful of "the horse sees the barn" syndrome. You're at whatever "last milepost till home" sight you go by and unintentionally go a little faster that you would have just to get home NOW. Right by the radar trap. Bad way to end a great trip.
Geepers and Buster like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page