Newbie here - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Newbie here

Hello from Michigan's Upper Peninsula'

Will be picking up my "new" 1998 Valkyrie Tourer today. This "old geezer" bought it from another old geezer that had to quit riding. Bike has 22,000 original miles and was well taken care of. Looks like new.
Anyway, I have had a number of different bikes in the past from the first one, an early 70's Honda 550 4 into 2 to the last one a Harley Roadglide that just got too big and top heavy. Valkyrie specs at 68 pounds lighter but seems a lot lighter probably because lots of weight is down low because of opposed cylinders. Had no trouble lifting it off side stand or balancing when up, and no feeling like it wanted to go down when the front wheel was turned all way to the side when stopped. Very happy here as I can continue riding a road bike. Looking back, up to this point I am most fond of a 1984 Harley Goldwing that I never should have gotten rid of, but hindsight is always good. From the time that I saw my first Valkyrie I always thought that would be the bike to have and as luck would have it, I found one at a very good price so bought it right away. I know it is older technology, carbs, etc., compared to new bikes, but I am willing to accept that. Best part of this is that I never personally talked to a Honda mechanic that had to tear a Honda GW motor apart because of a major problem inside. Looking forward to being a part of the discussions here.

Lou
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Welcome, I had 2 Valkyrie's (1998 Tourer & 99 I.S.) great bike's you will love yours.
There is a gathering of Valkyrie's in the UP coming up August 9 and 10th check it out.
I will be there on my F6B
http://www.valkyrieforum.com/bbs/ind...,104799.0.html
Also the VRCC is more dedicated to the older Valkyrie's lots of information there

Let's Ride
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 02:06 PM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
You'per,, where zactly in UP do you hail from? I spent summers in the kiwanaw. Nisula was the closest store/post office. I don't remember them having gas pump? any Honda is 10x the engineering of every hardley. you will be impressed even with that 20yr old bike. poncho

Ursus Horribilus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
Welcome, I had 2 Valkyrie's (1998 Tourer & 99 I.S.) great bike's you will love yours.
There is a gathering of Valkyrie's in the UP coming up August 9 and 10th check it out.
I will be there on my F6B
http://www.valkyrieforum.com/bbs/ind...,104799.0.html
Also the VRCC is more dedicated to the older Valkyrie's lots of information there
I can't believe I didn't hear about this!!! I'm bummed, I definitely would've went! I'll definitely have to go next year if they do it again!! How many bikes went?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HValkrider View Post
I can't believe I didn't hear about this!!! I'm bummed, I definitely would've went! I'll definitely have to go next year if they do it again!! How many bikes went?
They do plan on doing it again next year. There were 60 out so bikes there. Mostly older Valkyries many have moved on to different bikes. But it was still mostly Valk's no new ones.

Let's Ride
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post

They do plan on doing it again next year. There were 60 out so bikes there. Mostly older Valkyries many have moved on to different bikes. But it was still mostly Valk's no new ones.
I will definitely have to keep my eyes and ears open to attend the next one! I enjoy group rides and seeing what personally touches ppl have done to there bikes, some people have some pretty unique ideas!

By the way, Highway H-58 from Munising to Grand Marais is loads of twisty fun!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page