Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

What jacket is everyone wearing? Quick reviews...

15K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  bparish 
#1 ·
What jacket is everyone wearing? Quick reviews... Thought I would start a thread for posting our opinions on Jackets and pants...

My cold weather/early season gear... highly recommended if you live close to the Rocky Mountains in Canada

Icon Raiden DKR Jacket
https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/ico...kr-jacket.html
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...den-dkr-jacket Actually an adventure touring jacket and pants, the Raiden DKR is my early season cold weather gear... 32 degrees F. The Raiden DKR jacket is fully waterproof with help from a DuPont Teflon coated shell. Although fitted with large zippered vents it is too hot for warm weather riding. D3O armor covers the elbows, shoulders and back and it has 12 pockets inside and out...
"and now the copy paste... lol"

• FIT: Raiden Relaxed Fit
  • MATERIAL: Honeycomb Ripstop Chassis / Laminated HycorTM Membrane
  • WATERPROOFING: Level 3
  • PROTECTORS: D3O® Impact Protectors - Shoulders, Elbows, Back
  • LINER: Insulated Thermolite PlusTM Full Liner - Removable
  • DETAILS: 2 Chest Vents, 2 Pit Vents, 1 Exhaust Vent, Sublimated Chassis, Get Blocktm Waterproof Chest Pocket Zipper, YKK® Waterproof Zippers, Double Storm Flap with Rare Earth Magnet Closure, Waterbladder Hose Routing, 3M® Reflective Accents, Rear Storage, Ballistic Nylon Paneling, Three Position Elbow Protector Pockets, Fully Taped Seams
My warm weather Gear...

Joe Rocket Alter Ego 13.0 Jacket... Hi Viz
https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/joe...-0-jacket.html
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/j...-ego-30-jacket
Very cool design... 3 layers...
Outer layer: 100% waterproof Rock Tex™ 600 outer shell
Next layer: made from close weave mesh and Rock Tex 600™ sooo much air flow that it is cool even in 90 degree F plus weather...(its going to be 85 to 96F the rest of the week here) and this is where the body armor is... this layer is also Hi-Viz...
The Hi Viz is so awesome that on the free way when I come up behind people in their cars they move over to the right... really cuts down on my commute time...
"and now another copy paste... lol"

• Removable Vault™ C.E. approved shoulder and elbow protectors
  • Removable Vault™ C.E. approved spine protector
  • Removable quilted warmth liner
  • Sleeve vents
  • Sure Fit™ sleeve adjusters
  • Sure Fit™ waist adjusters
  • Rocket Locker™ rear storage pouch
  • Waterproof vent and pocket zippers
  • 4 snap loops for pant attachment
  • Reflective trim
  • Meta Sport System™ converts to mesh jacket
  • Face shield pocket
  • Inner jacket made from close weave mesh and Rock Tex 600™ reinforcements

See less See more
#2 ·
I wear a Joe Rocket mesh jacket in the warmer weather and a Tourmaster Saber Series textile jacket for the cooler days. I rarely ride without a jacket on. I find the mesh jackets are cooler when riding in hot weather than just a t-shirt, and a lot safer too.

#4 ·
I had a JR Phoenix mesh, but sold it last year. It was too heavy.
I replaced it with a FirstGear mesh, much better. I take a Tall size (LT), and only JR and FirstGear makes jackets that fit me.
For Fall and Spring I've got a FirstGear Kilimanjaro, and a Leather King heavy lined cruiser style unarmored jacket that really cuts the wind.

#6 · (Edited)
Mesh Joe Rocket UFO in Heat as they are in larger sizes 4xl
Joe Rocket Leather (zip out panels to reveal Mesh sides ) and a Joe Rocket touring in 4XL (Warm for cold weather like 35 degrees)
Dont wear the real warm one but a couple of times a year down here
I do Joe Rocket as they have larger sizes and last years models are alway cheap on ebay
All of them were under $110 shipped

I have no connection to Ebay or sellers
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Rocket-...XXL-/252031122036?hash=item3aae39ba74&vxp=mtr

#8 ·
Summer Pants - Klim Mojave Pants (http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-mojave-pants). Extremely comfortable and the most breathing pants ever. Supports any type of knee protection (in pants, on knees :p)
Summer Jacket - Icon Anthem 2 Jacket (http://www.revzilla.com/product/icon-anthem-2-jacket). Great ventilation. Works perfectly with Forcefield elbow and shoulder protection which is extremely breathable as well (http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/forcefield-net-flat-replacement-elbowknee-armor and http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/forcefield-net-flat-replacement-shoulder-armor) Of course there is room for decent back protector of your choice.

Both items are not really cruiser look but because of amazing Valkyrie style it lets you look and feel cool in street style gear or any other :)

#10 ·
SW Florida. Nov.-March: BMW Atlantis 4 jacket. The only leather jacket I've owned that is and stays 100% waterproof. I normally ride to work at 6.30 am and it does get down into the mid 40ies to upper 30ies. In the afternoon, however, it can be warm.

Summer: Firstgear mesh jacket, BMW Summer cargo pants and a good rain suit, just in case. It is typically in the low-mid 80ies in the morning and between 95F and 100F in the afternoon. A well-ventilated mesh is actually better than wearing just a t-shirt as it keeps the sun off. In Summer, it dumps pretty much every afternoon for an hour or two. No jacket whatsoever will help. If you decide to ride in that kind of tropical downpour only the best rain suits will do, as it can rain sideways and the water will start coming into sleeves, legs, and neck.

#14 ·
SC here. I wear a first gear mesh in the summer nothing good or bad to say about it. Cooler fall/winter riding it's my Fox Creek leather. With the liner in I can ride into the 50's with a tee shirt under it. In the 40's I have to layer a thermal and long sleeve shirt. In the 30's I don't ride.

#15 ·
Jackets,
Textile - Scorpion EXO Hat Trick, reflective, four season, armor
Leather - Milwaukee, Old School Classic
Gloves,
Summer - Deer skin, lined and unlined
Winter - Olympian Weather King Extra Touch
I avoid rain, used to ride 40 and above, that seems to be moving up a few degrees with every passing year

#20 ·
I have a fox creek leather jacket with removable liner. I wear flannel lined jeans for colder weather and icon leather boots.if it gets any colder than that I layer thermals and shirts and can add my carhartt canvas quilted over pants. I had Velcro added to the cuffs so I can keep the wind out. I use leather gloves as well. In the summer the gloves are finger tip less and a high vis mesh jacket with armor in the elbows, shoulders, and lower back. I got the summer gear at cycle center. I don’t remover who makes it

#21 ·
For the summer I use a Joe Rocket mesh jacket and in the spring/fall I have a Tourmaster textile jacket that has a removable liner. Both are red/blk. As for the hi vis stuff. I am not really sure if it works. I am afraid that someone will see you and run right over you because of fatal fixation. I see it happen to cops all the time with their cars on videos.

#22 ·
Old cruiser riders....

I have 4 jackets:
1. Heavyweight River Road leather, with removable nylon liner

2. Lightweight River Road leather, with removable liner and zipper vents

3. Joe Rocket mesh with removable waterproof liner
4. Victory nylon

I used to ride with the NH VTX Riders club, composed largely of experienced older cruiser riders like myself.
We rode together to Martha's Vineyard, Lake Champlain (NH, VT, NY), York Beach, Maine, and once all the way up to the Canadian border. That was a long day in the saddle - nearly 500 miles!

Jacket number 1 is my "patch jacket" - a history of my motorcycle ownership over the last 10 years, all decked out with a mishmosh of Honda, Harley Davidson, and Victory patches. The showpiece of that jacket is a large, round "VTX Riders" patch on the back. It's kind of sinister looking, and really stands out! :laugh:

#23 ·
In the winter I concentrate on good base layers and a windproof jacket. Heated gloves are a bigger concern for me. I don't wear armor unless it's going to be wet in the winter. In the summer I wear a t-shirt and the vest you see to the left.

#25 ·
battery powered glove liners

Hey, Odin!
In cold weather, I ride with a lithium battery-powered glove liner inside an oversize leather gauntlet glove.
ThermoGloves.
They make a huge difference!

3 settings:
Red for warm
Yellow for a bit less warm
Green for just a bit warm

#24 ·
I wear a leather Dainese with titanium shoulder guards that I've already crashed in so I know it works.
But since I've moved to AZ and it'll be 110 on a regular basis soon I'm thinking I might have to get something light and not already crashed in. Im thinking Dainese mesh or maybe a Merlin oilskin canvas.

#27 ·
I have 3 options:

1) Black leather vented jacket with removable winter liner that I bought at a charity poker run auction
2) Street and Steel vented and armored jacket with removable winter liner
3) Street and Steel concealed carry leather vest

Bought #2 and 3 at Cycle Gear, and #2 is actually free replacement when the previous one started to split at a seam after about a year!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.