Visit to Motoport USA - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Visit to Motoport USA

I'm in sunny San Diego at present so took the opportunity to call in at Motoport USA to buy some new riding gear. WOW! Wayne spent two hours measuring me and running through all the options. He also gave me a tour of the factory and showed me why his product leaves everything else for dead: the materials, the seamless designs, the stitching, the quality of the threads etc. There's a LOT more to it than I realised. He has a sobering collection of crashed garments there too - including expensive name brands that basically disintegrated on impact. He also has a Motoport suit that crashed at 80mph on rough asphalt and didn't wear through or burst at the seams. Rider had a busted pinky finger, nothing more. You guys are very lucky to have this great business on your doorstep. If you decide to invest in his gear, I can definitely recommend going there in person. It's a real eye opener.
Flat Six likes this.

Last edited by Geepers; 08-19-2019 at 05:04 PM.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Picked up my custom Motoport gear. The quality is amazing. Makes my other jackets and pants look like chiffon. When I get home I'm gonna go out and downshift from third to second at 60mph on loose gravel (without rev matching) to see if it's as good as it seems.

Last edited by Geepers; 08-26-2019 at 09:00 AM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:40 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Let us know......
KUGO likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
Let us know......
Will do (subject to the hospital having internet)
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geepers View Post
...... When I get home I'm gonna go out and downshift from third to second at 60mph on loose gravel (without rev matching) to see if it's as good as it seems.
Have you already undertaken adequate estate planning or are you relying on the probate court?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmo View Post
Have you already undertaken adequate estate planning or are you relying on the probate court?
All sorted. The wrecker gets the bike and Wayne at Motoport gets the gear. He should be able to re-sell it as it will be largely unmarked (the friggin' stuff is ballistic grade). The Minister for Everything took care of the minor stuff - money and houses - years ago. Mind you, I always get the last word in such matters: "Yes dear".

Last edited by Geepers; 08-27-2019 at 10:41 AM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geepers View Post
All sorted. The wrecker gets the bike and Wayne at Motoport gets the gear. He should be able to re-sell it as it will be largely unmarked (the friggin' stuff is ballistic grade). The Minister for Everything took care of the minor stuff - money and houses - years ago. Mind you, I always get the last word in such matters: "Yes dear".
Everything appears to be under control. Good to have a capable Minister for Everything (referred to Stateside as SWMBO). Happy riding then, on this planet and the next....
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Happy riding then...
An unexpected plus of the Motoport gear has been how much more enjoyable riding becomes once you know you're covered head to toe in the best protection available. It's also custom fit so nothing pulls or pinches or flaps in the breeze. The gear is definitely "noticeable" off the bike - there is a lot of armor in there after all - but completely "disappears" once riding. Very impressed. Wayne Boyer said to me: "Make sure you tell your buddies about us. We constantly need new customers. Our gear lasts so long we get little repeat business!" More power to him.

PS...I didn't go for a one piece suit in the end. Wayne convince me not to. Went for the Marathon jacket and the Ultra overpants. Also upgraded from the standard TriArmor to QuadArmor and added sacrum (tailbone) and hip pads. Finally, added braces. Last thing I thought I would want but has turned out to be one of my favorite features. Buy right, buy once ....

Last edited by Geepers; 08-27-2019 at 08:21 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:18 AM

Oddly enough, I find myself riding more aggressively (reckless?) when I am more insulated from the elements. That tendency can be controlled to some extent, but getting hotter than Satan's balls from all that protection and armor is a no,no for me. Sweating buckets kills the joy of riding.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
... getting hotter than Satan's balls from all that protection and armor is a no,no for me.
It doesn't get hot at all. Because it's a very open weave huge amounts of air pass through it. Doesn't even need vents which is another plus as they can weaken the jacket.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page