Helmet Chat - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 17Likes

post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Helmet Chat

What kind of helmets does everyone ride with? I know open face or 3/4's are real popular with the cruiser crowd (sometimes), anyways heres a little graphic that may help you change your mind

I think I'm going to pick up one of those new Bell Bullitts. Retroish with modern safety, although I heard the visor is not the best...
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Really seems like the most important part of the helmet is the bottom part then. The full face helmet just doesn't really look like it belongs on a cruiser, but that doesn't seem like a good enough reason to put yourself at risk of death or injury just to look cooler. Ultimately you have got to go with the safest choice IMO.
wgold9722 likes this.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Full Face is the way to go IMO, I don't take chances.

wgold9722 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 04:41 PM

I was reading on another forum about this guy who wears plain jeans while riding. He has fallen twice and was lucky enough to not get seriously injured. He took that luck as the go-ahead to continue wearing jeans while riding instead of scaring him into being more cautious in the future.

Tisk, tisk. But I think that this is more common then many people would like to think.

I guess this is what he looks like.

post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 05:32 PM

I see a lot of guys riding around like this in NY, they'll regret it one day when they fall and their flesh leaves a trail on the concrete.

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 04:39 PM

Usually they aren't around to tell the tale afterwards. I can partly understand not wanting to wear absolutely every piece of protective gear that you could, but there needs to be a balance. You also need to take responsibility for the risk you are putting yourself in. If you wear no protective gear then you need to be prepared to have your skin scraped off when you skid down the street. I'd rather not be at that much risk personally.
wgold9722 likes this.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 06:07 PM

Exactly, they're actually luck to just leave flesh on the concrete and walk away from hooning around. At least there are those that are smart enough to still do stunts and hoon but wearing all approproaite gear

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 10:15 PM

Full Face, got rear ended in 2006 on my BMW R1150GS, sandwiched between 2 cars. I flipped up into the air and hit the car in front of me with the front of my full face helmet. If not for the full face helmet, I would have suffered massive facial injuries.
wgold9722 likes this.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDrive View Post
Full Face, got rear ended in 2006 on my BMW R1150GS, sandwiched between 2 cars. I flipped up into the air and hit the car in front of me with the front of my full face helmet. If not for the full face helmet, I would have suffered massive facial injuries.
Absolutely, the chart says it all. There is a significant skew towards impact on the lower portion of a full face helmet on both sides of the face. How anyone can pass up that information is unfathomable.
wgold9722 likes this.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by messy bessie View Post
What kind of helmets does everyone ride with? I know open face or 3/4's are real popular with the cruiser crowd (sometimes), anyways heres a little graphic that may help you change your mind

Here is a helmet to match your picture: http://www.rideicon.com/products/?productGroupId=142717

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page