Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Summer riders wardrobe

8K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  DillPickle311 
#1 ·
Time to gear down for hot and humid weather. Breaking out the shorts, flippity flops, and non-stick drawers. Making sure body gets plenty of air even if it is hot enough to cook an egg on my tank.
Pulling out the right skid lid so head can stay cool. :eek: Here is a guide-line of what everyone will be changing over to this summer. :rolleyes:

See less See more
#5 ·
Today I took a day of vacation and did some significant yard work before 5 days of rain coming from Tx.

Got started early and had time to ride right before rain. It was very hot and muggy but had lots of wind. I wore shorts and for first time, got to feel the heat from cowls when placing my feet on highway pegs.

Wow! If it is already this hot riding the valky, I'm sure I'll have to adjust my riding times when the real hot/humid stuff comes.

#7 ·
I know the consequences of skin rubbing on asphalt... :| Chance I have to take otherwise couldn't ride at all down here.

I've heard all the stories about how it is cooler to cover the skin and how perforated jackets actually keep you cooler. Well! I ain't the guy wearing all that.

That hot air hitting my legs, arms, and face is a reminder that I'm living the good life. :D Oh! Always wearing helmet regardless.

#9 ·
I commute on my Blue Beast year round, so in summer I wear a White Riding jacket use a blue cooling towel that I wet down and put in a plastic container in the office refrigerator until 5pm. I then wrap it around my neck, tuck into my shirt and the put jacket and helmet on. It makes a 105 day bearable for the 40 minute ride home.

#13 ·
Living in Arizona being warm I rode the day with jeans and a t shirt. Got back after 6 hours and my arms were as red as a boiled lobster. Ordering a Merlin waxed canvas hoping it's light enough to wear in this heat.

#15 ·
I have mesh jackets with hard armor for the hot weather here in Virginia. Got them on sale pretty cheap several years ago. Still gets hot when sitting or in slow traffic but I refuse to ride without covering up. I've been hit by too much road debris and large bugs over the years to want to go without good riding gear.

#17 ·
I wear a mesh jacket in the summer. Keeps the sun off me and cools me down when riding. I also always wear a full face modular helmet, jeans, gloves and boots. I think people are crazy when they wear just a t-shirt and shorts when riding. I have done so in my youth, but have gotten a little smarter as I got older.

Not wearing a helmet is just plain stupid in my opinion. I have seen what a minor accident can do to a guy. Something that he should have walked away from killed him.

#19 ·
The beads are mainly for longer rides in extreme heat because it allows some relief from monkey butt. I can do 2 hours on beads and then have to stop. The heat and humidity is murder on the boys...

I'm still trying to decide if I should get a new seat with the back support like a Corbin or Mustang. At 60, I believe a support is a must-have. I certainly want to have a way to adjust it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.