2Likes
  • 1 Post By Geepers
  • 1 Post By KUGO

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
How quickly they forget

It's the old story: you get so familiar with something you start becoming immune to it's stellar-ness. Was out riding today and went to pull away in 4th from a traffic situation I didn't like the look of. Of course the Big V handles such things effortlessly BUT I still found myself slightly disgruntled that it didn't pull even harder. Afterwards I had to laugh at my own stupidity. I mean my last bike was a Suzuki C50 for crying out loud. The dam thing couldn't pull the top off a rice pudding. What a Wally...
shrubbo likes this.

Last edited by Geepers; 09-07-2019 at 06:15 AM.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Jambriwal
Been there done that. Part of bieng human.

Directions ? That's only the Manufacturer's opinion of the way this should be assembled.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geepers View Post
It's the old story: you get so familiar with something you start becoming immune to it's stellar-ness. Was out riding today and went to pull away in 4th from a traffic situation I didn't like the look of. Of course the Big V handles such things effortlessly BUT I still found myself slightly disgruntled that it didn't pull even harder. Afterwards I had to laugh at my own stupidity. I mean my last bike was a Suzuki C50 for crying out loud. The dam thing couldn't pull the top off a rice pudding. What a Wally...
I literally laughed out loud when I read that! I had just ridden well over 4 hours home from Chicago, more like 9 round-trip, and this was my first experience really spending time on the Interslab for any appreciable length of time. MANY times, both in the western 'Burbs in traffic and then trying to get home before a rainstorm, (so took I-55/57 south instead of the more enjoyable 2-lane Rte 47 S. further west) I would think about just what you're talking about. There were frequent times when I'd lay into it to pass, usually w/o downshifting to 4th, and blow by whomever, all the while thinking, "this thing could use just a little more grunt". Then I chastise myself for not just downshifting and turning mile-markers into light-years.

I think God knew just how much I could handle and decided to bless me with no more. All the better to enjoy more miles and smiles. Love this bike.
Buster likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page