BMW drop tonight - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
BMW drop tonight

I went out to dinner at a local pub tonight. On my way home, I was on a busy main road back to my neighborhood. On my right, there was a side street that had a stop sign at the main road. Just before I got to the side street, I saw a guy on a BMW motorcycle flying up to the stop sign on the side street. I guess he wasn't expecting to have to come to a complete stop, but there was too much traffic not to.

The guy on the BMW slammed on his brakes at the last second, lost his balance, and dropped the bike to the right side. He managed to get off of it before it fell on him, and staggered off balance into the nearby grass. His helmet then wedged between two guy wires on a telephone pole, kind of like a deer stuck in a fence. He then had to extricate his head from the wires and get his bike righted. Traffic was quite heavy so I couldn't stop to help him. I kinda felt sorry for him, but at the same time, that was a real rookie error and completely avoidable.

Assuming he got going again and the spill didn't ruin his mood, he must have gone riding, and now it is pouring down rain here. He was not destined for a good ride this evening.

Ride safe, friends.

Richmonder

"There are no motorcycles in a psychiatrist's parking lot."

Previous bikes:

Honda Z50A (sold)
Kawasaki KS 125 (sold)
Kawasaki KZ 650 (sold)
Honda V45 Magna (sold)
Honda VTX 1300r
Honda VTX 1800r
Honda CTX 1300
Honda F6C Valkyrie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page